Federico Cuadra Del Carmen is a member of Baker McKenzie's Corporate and Securities Practice Group. He routinely represents a broad range of clients from the US, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific, strategically deploying Baker McKenzie’s global resources to deliver seamless and practical solutions.
Federico guides clients through complex, domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other transactional events. His practice also includes advising on venture capital investments, corporate reorganizations, and general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised The Nielsen Company on its divestiture of Nielsen IQ to Advent International for USD 2.7 billion.
- Represented AkzoNobel N.V. in its acquisition of New Nautical Coatings, Inc.
- Advised China Yangtze Power Company (CYPC) on its USD 3.59 billion purchase of Sempra Energy's Peruvian businesses, including its 83.6% stake in Luz del Sur S.A.A. (Luz del Sur).
- Advised the shareholders of BAC Florida Bank in the sale of the Bank to Banco Bradesco.*
- Advised Spectrum Brands, Inc. on its divestiture of Rayovac to Energizer for USD 2 billion.
- Advised Unilever in the acquisition of Hourglass Cosmetics.
- Advised Unilever in the acquisition of Schmidt’s Natural.
- Advised The Nielsen Company in the acquisition of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, from the Tribune Media Company for USD 540 million.
- Advised Advent International in the acquisition of a minority shareholding interest in LifeMiles B.V., a subsidiary of Avianca Holdings S.A.
- Advised PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk in its proposed acquisition of GTA Teleguam.
* Advisory engagement while Mr. Cuadra was at a different firm.
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR1000 2021
- Named Latin America's Rising Legal Star, Latinvex 2020
- Named Super Lawyer by Vida y Éxito Magazine 2020
- Named among the Top Oralists, Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition Midwest U.S. Super Regional
- Represented a victim of sex trafficking in a successful T-Visa Application
- Advised the Latin American Venture Capital and Private Equity Association on general corporate matters
- Drafted and edited parts of the Homeless Youth Handbook (New York and Florida editions)
- New York~United States (2014)
- Florida~United States
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (J.D.) (2013)
- Harvard Kennedy School (M.P.A. International Trade and Finance, Business and Government Policy, Teaching Fellow) (2013)
- University of Miami (B.A. Economics and International Relations magna cum laude) (2006)
- Moderator, CAF strategy to leverage economic recovery and infrastructure development in Latam, with special guest Antonio Silveira, VP of Infrastructure at CAF, Latam GRI 2020 Meeting, October 21, 2020
- Speaker, Belt and Road in Latin America: Where does the future lie? Atlantic Council’s Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center, October 9, 2019
- Co-Author, “EU Short-Selling Regulation Survives U.K. Challenge in European Court of Justice: Key Victory for EU-Wide Regulation of Financial Services,” BloombergBNA World Securities Law Report, February 2014
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.