Federico Cuadra Del Carmen is a member of Baker McKenzie's Corporate and Securities Practice Group. He routinely represents a broad range of clients from the US, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific, strategically deploying Baker McKenzie’s global resources to deliver seamless and practical solutions.
Federico guides clients through complex, domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other transactional events. His practice also includes advising on venture capital investments, corporate reorganizations, and general corporate matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the shareholders of BAC Florida Bank in the sale of the bank to Banco Bradesco.*
- Advised Spectrum Brands, Inc. on its divestiture of Rayovac to Energizer for USD 2 billion.
- Advised Unilever in the acquisition of Hourglass Cosmetics.
- Advised Unilever in the acquisition of Schmidt’s Natural.
- Advised The Nielsen Company in the acquisition of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, from the Tribune Media Company for USD 540 million.
- Advised Advent International in the acquisition of a minority shareholding interest in LifeMiles B.V., a subsidiary of Avianca Holdings S.A.
- Advised PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia Tbk in its proposed acquisition of GTA Teleguam.
- Advised The Nielsen Company in the acquisition of VisualDNA, a leading consumer insights and analytics company.
- Advised The Nielsen Company in the acquisition of Repucom, the global leader in sports measurement, evaluation and intelligence.
- Advised Unilever in the acquisition of Kate Somerville Skincare LLC.
* Advisory engagement while Mr. Cuadra was at a different firm.
- Named among the Top Oralists, Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition Midwest US Super Regional.
- New York~United States (2014)
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (J.D.) (2013)
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government (M.P.A. International Trade and Finance, Business and Government Policy, Teaching Fellow) (2013)
- University of Miami (B.A. Economics and International Relations magna cum laude) (2006)
- Co-Author, “EU Short-Selling Regulation Survives U.K. Challenge in European Court of Justice: Key Victory for EU-Wide Regulation of Financial Services,” Bloomberg BNA World Securities Law Report, February 2014.
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.