Peggy has considerable experience in assisting and representing clients in banking and finance matters, in particular in fintech and innovation, regulatory compliance, private banking and financing projects.
She has assisted non-bank clients utilizing the sandbox platform and other channels to discuss with various regulators. Her practice is focused on identifying practical solutions for innovative business models, including digital tokens and other new payment solutions.
Peggy is also focusing on wealth management areas. As both a lawyer and a certified public accountant, she can provide total solution and thorough consideration for high net-worth clients from both legal and tax perspectives. She is specialized in cross-border planning and corporate restructuring for dual nationalities clients and their heirs and cross-jurisdiction family estate.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting as Legal counsel of Taiwan Fintech Space, the government-backed Fintech accelerator.
- Four-year practical in-house experience in global banks and the bank subsidiary of a Taiwan financial holding company.
- Assisted several clients in implementing Fintech and innovation for payment solutions, client-facing and 'know-your-customer' procedures.
- Assisted a local financial holding company in implementing compliance risk assessment (CRA) and enhancing compliance structure for offshore branches.
- Assisted several foreign banks in merging with other banks, localization and conducting post-merger matters.
- Assisted major banks and cross-border enterprises in acquisition finance, project finance and trade finance.
- Assisted major banks in miss-selling client complaints and related compliance issues.
- Advised major banks and high net-worth clients on private banking/wealth management related legal, tax and compliance issues.
- Advised major banks and public companies on corporate governance, company secretary, and general corporate matters.
- Assisted major financial institutions in Banca related matters and projects.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei and Taoyuan Bar Associations - Member
- Taoyuan~Taiwan (2009)
- Taipei~Taiwan (2007)
- Financial Supervisory Commission, Taipei, Taiwan (Certified Public Accountant License) (2007)
- National Taiwan University (MBA) (2006)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B. and BBA) (2003)
Co-author, "New Tax Code in Taiwan to Encourage Funds Repatriation," Bloomberg, August 2019
Co-author, "Economic Substance on Taiwan Estate Planning and Corporate Structures," Bloomberg, June 2019
Author, "Impact of Reorganization on the Valuation of a Financially-distressed Company and Piecemeal Voluntary Corporate Liquidations," National Taiwan University MBA. thesis, 2006