Kenneth Ching is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Hong Kong office and a member of the Firm's Banking & Finance Practice Group. He has extensive experience advising banks, alternative capital providers, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers on a wide range of cross-border financing transactions, including leveraged buyouts, take-privates, acquisition financings, funds financings, real estate financings, loan-like notes, non-contentious restructurings and other event-driven financings in the Asian, European and US markets.
Clients comment that Kenneth is "technically strong and is very attentive and responsive. He safeguards clients' interests and facilitates completion of transactions by providing practical solutions. His involvement is reassuring for us and makes us feel like we are in safe hands." - IFLR1000 (2020)
Representative Legal Matters
Asian acquisitions and structured financings
- Advised Joyvio Group on financings to support its USD 880 million tender offer for all of the shares of Australis Seafoods S.A.
- Advised Birla Carbon on the USD 1.2 billion refinancing by way of cov lite facilities.
- Advised the initial purchasers on structured notes to the owner and developer of a submarine cable company; a Chinese real estate group with a portfolio of properties in North America; the holding company of a NASDAQ listed radiotherapy and diagnostic testing business.
- Advised ANZ, Fubon Bank and CTBC Bank on a dividend recapitalisation for a Philippines business outsourcing group controlled by CVC Asia.
US and Canadian acquisitions
- Advised the lenders on acquisition facilities to Sinomine Resources to support its acquisition of chemical companies in the US, Canada and Scotland from Cabot Corporation.
- Advised Cobham PLC on a bridge term facility to support the take private of Aeroflex.
- Advised Imperial Tobacco PLC on facilities to support the acquisition of certain brands and assets from Reynolds.
- Advised Partners Group on a refinancing of acquisition facilities for Cote Restaurants in the United Kingdom by way of unitranche and super senior revolving facilities.
- Advised arranging banks on EQT's bolt-on acquisition of CAIW, a Dutch cable and fiber network operator.
- Advised Royal Bank of Canada and Natixis on facilities to support Silver Lake's take private offer for Cegid, a French technology company.
- Rising Star in Banking and Leveraged Finance (Hong Kong), IFLR 1000, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Leveraged & Acquisition Finance - Committee member, Hong Kong
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association (APLMA) - Committee
- Hong Kong
- England & Wales~United Kingdom
- New South Wales~Australia
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Economics)
- University of New South Wales (Bachelor of Laws)
- The College of Law (Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice)
- City University of Hong Kong (P.C.LL.)