Alex Chiang practices in the areas of merger & acquisition, capital markets and securities law. He earned his LL.M. from the American University in 1992 and completed his LL.B. at the National Chung-Hsing University in 1987. Mr. Chiang is a member of the New York Bar Association.
Mr. Chiang’s practice also covers mergers and acquisitions, banking, capital market, private equity, direct investment, securitization, securities transaction and insurance matters. His impressive track record is described below.
Representative Legal Matters
M&A and Direct Investment
- Carlyle’s investment in Ta Chong Bank.
- Carlyle’s proposed acquisition of Advanced Semi-conductor Engineering Inc.
- Oaktree’s management buyout on Fu Sheng.
- Eaton’s management buyout on Phoenixtec.
- Goldman Sachs PIA’s investment in Taiwan Mobile.
- ADRs: Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd., Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd., AU Optronics Corp.
- GDRs: Gintech Solar Co., Ltd., Cathay Financial Holding Co., Ltd., Powertech Technologies Co., Ltd., ProMOS Technologies Inc., Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc., Acer Incorporated, Walsin Lihwa Corp., CMC Magnetics Corporation.
- General and regulatory insurance advice to Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd., Shin Kong Life Insurance Co., Ltd., Newa Insurance Co., Ltd., Allianz President General Insurance Co., Ltd. and Mass Mutual Life.
- Collateralized loan obligation deal arranged by Credit Lyonnais (First CLO deal through public offering in Taiwan).
- Collateralized loan obligation deal arranged by China Development Industrial Bank.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association
- New York~United States (1994)
- American University (LL.M.) (1992)
- National Chung-Hsing University (LL.B.) (1987)