Grace Chia is a special counsel in the Corporate Markets practice group in Melbourne. Grace has over 15 years' of wide-ranging experience in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate advisory work in top-tier firms in Australia and Singapore.
Grace's practice focuses on advising Australian and offshore clients on a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions. These include mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and investments, and corporate restructurings and reorganisations. Grace also advises clients on a range of listing compliance and corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
Key deals in which Grace has acted before joining Baker McKenzie include:
- Anheuser-Busch InBev on its USD 16 billion sale of Carlton & United Breweries to Asahi Group (largest M&A transaction in Australia in 2019/20).
- IOOF on its USD 975 million acquisition of ANZ's One Path Pensions and Investments and aligned dealer groups businesses.
- Nusantara Resources Limited in its USD 85 million acquisition by IDX-listed PT Indika Energy Tbk via scheme of arrangement.
- IFM Investors' USD 50 million minority investment in payments software provider Zuuse.
- Singapore government-linked NetLink Trust's USD 1.5 billion acquisition from Singapore Telecommunications of the Singapore national fibre broadband infrastructure.
- Religare Health Trust (an India-based healthcare business trust sponsored by Fortis Healthcare Group) in its SGD 710 million IPO and Singapore Exchange listing.
- SGX-listed Gallant Venture Limited in its SGD 988 million acquisition in PT Indomobil Sukses International Tbk (listed on Indonesian Stock Exchange), and accompanying rights issue.
- Victoria~Australia (2018)
- National University of Singapore (LLB Hons)
- INSEAD Business School (MBA)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.