Lindy Chern played a key role in the merger of prominent local firm Tseng, Tsai, Chern & Yang with Baker McKenzie. She eventually served as managing partner of the Firm’s Taipei office, where she advised clients on local and international commercial law matters. In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Chern has authored articles for the Economic Daily News, Corporations and the Law and other notable publications. Her pro bono activities include serving as director of the Taipei Medical University and the Judicial Reform Foundation. Ms. Chern also serves as an adviser to the Monte Jade Science & Technology Association of Taiwan.
Ms. Chern routinely advises financial holding companies and their affiliates on broad legal matters. She assists clients in development, operation, and dispute matters connected to real properties such as hypermarkets, department stores and industrial and commercial complexes. Ms. Chern also provides sound and insightful counsel on BOT projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on Citigroup’s investment in Fubon and its purchase of NPLs.
- Assisted Taiwan High Speed Rail and Taipei Port on its BOT projects.
- Represented financial holding companies on shareholder disputes.
- Assisted Carrefour Hypermarket on a broad range of real estate matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Taipei Bar Association
- Taipei~Taiwan (1976)
- National Taiwan University (LL.M.) (1979)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B.) (1973)
- San Francisco
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.