Nicolás is an attorney with experience advising domestic and foreign companies — particularly in the mining, energy and hydrocarbon sectors — on tax planning, application of international treaties, administrative and judicial litigation, and audits.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a Peruvian mining company on tax planning for the corporate reorganization of its affiliates in different countries.
- Advised a company in the energy sector on a tax case related to the correct determination of its municipal taxes for properties located in more than one jurisdiction.
- Advised a foreign company on the sale of shares of a company located in Peru to a third party not located in the country and obtained the certification of the invested capital by SUNAT for more than PEN 90 million.
- Developed litigation strategy and advised mining companies on litigation over issues such as the deductibility of expenses for income tax purposes and the calculation of the statute of limitations for the determination and collection of tax liabilities.
- Lima, Peru (2023)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (2022)
Estudio Echecopar is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein