Kate Bromley is a Senior Associate in Baker McKenzie's Private M&A Department, based in London. Kate practices Corporate Law and advises clients in relation to domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions, and negotiated carve-out transactions. Since joining Baker McKenzie in 2018, Kate has advised on a number of complex, high value multijurisdictional transactions. Kate is a member of the Firm's M&A Practice Group as well as its Consumer Goods & Retail and Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation industry groups.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sika on the EUR 5.3 billion acquisition of the Master Builder Construction Chemicals (MBCC) Group from Lone Star, including the carve-out and divestment of MBCC Group's admixtures business to international private equity investor Cinven to resolve competition concerns.
- Advised Celanese Corporation, as international counsel, on its USD 11 billion acquisition of DuPont's mobility and materials business.
- Advised Puig, S.L., the Spanish family-owned fashion and fragrance company, on the acquisition of Charlotte Tilbury, the iconic British luxury makeup and skincare brand, and on the acquisition of Byredo, the Swedish luxury brand.
- Advised Unilever on the acquisition of Paula's Choice, the leading digital-led skin care brand, for Unilever's Prestige division, via auction sale from TA Associates.
- Advised KKR on its acquisition of Coty's professional and retail hair business, including the Wella, Clairol, OPI and ghd brands, for USD 4.3 billion.
- Advised Platinum Equity on its acquisition and carve-out of Johnson & Johnson's LifeScan blood glucose monitoring (medical device) business.
- Advised Platinum Equity on the global acquisition of Pitney Bowes' Global Document Messaging Technologies production mail and supporting software business.
- High Court of New Zealand (2012)
- University of Otago (Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts majoring in Art History and Theory) (2011)