Emily Brait is an associate in Baker McKenzie's New York Office and a member of the Firm's North America Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group. She previously clerked for the Honorable Bernice B. Donald in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in Memphis, Tennessee. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Emily worked as a litigation associate at another global law firm.
Emily represents clients in complex commercial litigation in state and federal court, as well as in domestic and international arbitration concerning contracts, investments, construction projects, and financial services disputes, among others. Emily also represents clients in government and regulatory investigations and advises clients on risk management and pre-dispute issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented pharmaceutical developer in contract dispute under CPR Arbitration Rules relating to the manufacture of immunotherapy drugs.
- Assisted in representation of client in arbitration under the ICC Rules regarding a construction project.
- Assisted in representation of client in an employment dispute arbitration.
- Assisted in representation of foreign life insurance company in contract dispute in commercial litigation in New York state court.
- Represented client in federal and state multidistrict litigations against numerous trade secret claims.
Pre-Dispute Advice and Representation
- Represented foreign financial services client in negotiations related to enforcement of a standby letter of credit.
- Represented individual client against demand letter received from client’s financial advisor.
- Conducted internal investigation for a sports and entertainment holding company relating to potential claims for civil and criminal liability against employee.
- Represented financial institution client in responding to OCC complaint.
- Represented pharmaceutical industry client in responding to OSHA complaint filed by former employee.
- New York~United States (2018)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2018)
- American University Washington College of Law (JD) (2017)
- China University of Political Science & Law (Master of Laws) (2014)
- University of Alabama (BA) (2011)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.