Koen works in the corporate team of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. The team comprises civil lawyers and civil-law notaries, ensuring integrated support in transactions, from drawing up letters of intent, executing due diligence investigations, negotiating acquisition agreements to executing notarial deeds of transfer. He is a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group as well as the Private Equity Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Daiwa House on the acquisition of shares in Flexbuild Holding.
- Advising Egeria on the acquisition of International Quality Ingredients.
- Advising Ergon on the acquisition of Keesing from Telegraaf Media Group, including a reinvestment by the seller.
- Advising Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund V on its bid for Q-Park N.V. an operator of parking garages in Europe.
- Advising Abraaj Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Turkey’s fourth-largest dairy company, the Yörsan Group, including a reinvestment by the sellers.
- Advising Koninklijke De Heus and EW Group on the purchase of shares in Plukon Food Group from Gilde Buy out Partners, including a reinvestment by the sellers.
- Advising Rio Tinto with respect to various joint ventures in Kazakhstan.
- Advising HB Capital and Opportunity Partners on their joint acquisition of part of the Netherllands based Hurks group.
- Advising Yamal Development LLC, a 50/50 joint venture between Novatek and Gazprom Neft, on a USD 2.94 billion acquisition of a 60 percent equity stake in Artic Russia from Eni. Artic Russia owns a 49 percent interest in SeverEnergia, a Russian oil and gas company operating in the Yamal-Nenets region.
- Advising LKQ (NASDAQ: LKQ), a US based car-part distributor with respect to the acquisition of Sator Beheer B.V., a leading car-part distributor in Western Europe.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2009)
- Vrije Universiteit (2009)