Koen works in the corporate team of Baker McKenzie Amsterdam. The team comprises civil lawyers and civil-law notaries, ensuring integrated support in transactions, from drawing up letters of intent, executing due diligence investigations, negotiating acquisition agreements to executing notarial deeds of transfer. He is a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group as well as the Private Equity Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Wagram Equity Partners on the acquisition of the Creamy Creation Business from FrieslandCampina.
- Advised Egeria on the sale of 100% of the issued shares of Hitec Holding B.V. to Japanese manufacturing conglomerate Air Water Inc.
- Advised Egeria on the acquisition of a majority stake in MAAS Aviation Group.
- Advised SMRT, UTS & Founders on the acquisition of a majority share in 2getthere, a Netherlands-based company that designs and delivers autonomous vehicle applications.
- Advising Gazprom Neft in relation to establishment of a joint venture with Shell to develop license blocks in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous region.
- Advising Egeria on the acquisition of International Quality Ingredients.
- Advising Ergon on the acquisition of Keesing from Telegraaf Media Group, including a reinvestment by the seller.
- Advising Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund V on its bid for Q-Park N.V. an operator of parking garages in Europe.
- Advising Abraaj Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Turkey’s fourth-large st dairy company, the Yörsan Group, including a reinvestment by the sellers.
- Advising Koninklijke De Heus and EW Group on the purchase of shares in Plukon Food Group from Gilde Buy out Partners, including a reinvestment by the sellers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2009)
- Vrije Universiteit (2009)