Koen Bos is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice groups, and works in the Amsterdam Corporate department. Koen joined the Firm in 2006 while studying civil (notarial) law, and became an associate in 2009. Koen has written an article about the one-tier board and the supervision of companies by the Dutch Ministry of Justice for a professional magazine for civil law notaries. He has also published an article about the remuneration of supervisory directors performing management tasks, in connection with a recent judgment of the Dutch Supreme Court.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Koninklijke De Heus and EW Group in relation to the acquisition of Plukon by a consortium that consisted of Koninklijke De Heus, EW Group, Agrifirm, Gilde Buy Out Partners and Plukon Food Group’s management.
- Advising Yamal Development LLC, a 50/50 joint venture between Novatek and Gazprom Neft, on a USD2.94 billion acquisition of a 60 percent equity stake in Artic Russia from Eni. Artic Russia owns a 49 percent interest in SeverEnergia, a Russian oil and gas company operating in the Yamal-Nenets region.
- Advising Novatek, Russia’s largest independent gas producer, on a USD 1,9 billion share swap with Rosneft, whereby Novatek’s 51 percent interest in Sibneftegas was swapped for Rosneft’s 40 percent share in Artic Russia.
- Advising Netherlands based hands-on-investor Triacta on its acquisition of a majority stake in the children fashion brand Vingino.
- Advising Abraaj Capital in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Yörsan Group Companies.
- Advising Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) on a 50:50-owned joint venture with Sollers OJSC, one of Russia's leading automotive companies.
- Advising Siemens AG on a 65:35-owned joint venture with Power Machines in the Russian Federation. The investment will total approx. EUR275 million.
- Advising Russian based oil and gas company Alliance Oil Company (STOCKHOLM: AOIL SDB) on the establishment of a USD840 million joint venture with Repsol Exploración for exploration and production in Russia, with a total asset base of approximately USD840 million, with Alliance and Repsol holding a 51% and a 49% stake respectively.
- Advising LKQ (NASDAQ: LKQ), a US based car-part distributor with respect to the EUR205 million acquisition of Sator Beheer BV, a leading car-part distributor in Western Europe.
- Advising Intrum Justitia (STO: IJ) with respect to the acquisition of Buckaroo.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries (KNB)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2009)
- Vrije Universiteit (2009)