Katia Boneva-Desmicht is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group. She has been a litigator for more than 10 years, particularly focusing on civil and commercial litigation. With her extensive experience and knowledge of French procedures and private international law, Ms. Boneva-Desmicht helps clients mitigate risk and navigate complex strategic issues and legal challenges.
Ms. Boneva-Desmicht has significant practical experience advising leading industry players in a broad range of business sectors — including the banking, retail, luxury, pharmaceuticals, leisure, hospitality, and automotive industries — with respect to their risk and dispute management and defense before the French courts.
Ms. Boneva-Desmicht’s practice covers contract and tort law in general (contractual disputes, tort liability, product liability, fraud, and unfair competition, among others) as well as distribution and commercial law (exclusive and selective distribution, commercial agents, franchising, advertising, consumer protection). She has been frequently involved in cases related to the termination of contracts and established commercial relations.
Ms. Boneva-Desmicht also advises in pre-litigation procedure and risk management (including asset tracing, debt recovery strategy, review of contractual documents, and settlement negotiations). She has developed particular experience in pre-trial discovery, ex parte application, injunctive relief, enforcement measures and freezing orders.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising and representing several cosmetics and life sciences companies in relation to the consequences of the reorganization of their distributorship networks in France and abroad.
- Defended a major French pharmaceutical company with respect to the termination of several commercial agency agreements in France and abroad.
- Advised a company manufacturing textile products with respect to its disputes with distributors related to the performance of the distributorship contract and its subsequent termination.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Paris Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- French-Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Paris~France (2005)
- University of Paris I (Sorbonne) (Master Degree Law & Economics) (2004)
- Centre de Formation des Avocats (2004)
- University of Paris I (Sorbonne) (Master Degree International Business Law) (2003)
- University of Warwick (Certificate English Law) (2002)