Thijs Bogaers is a senior associate in the Corporate department of Baker McKenzie's Amsterdam office. He works closely with other Firm legal and tax lawyers in Amsterdam and other offices to ensure integrated transaction support.
Thijs focuses his practice on corporate (notarial) law and advises on domestic and cross-border corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions as well as setting up joint ventures, partnerships and corporations. He also advises on general corporate and governance matters from the perspective of Dutch corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Gradient Ventures, Google's AI-focused venture fund, on the Series Seed investment in Payaut, a Dutch automated payment provider for online platforms and marketplaces.
- Advised (in cooperation with Danish law firm Accura) Podimo ApS on the acquisition of Dag en Nacht Media B.V.
- Advising Gazprom Neft in relation to establishment of a joint venture with Shell to develop license blocks in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous region.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Royal Dutch Association of Civil-Law Notaries (KNB)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (2016)
- Utrecht University (LL.M. Notarial Law) (2016)
Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.