Andreas Becker is an associate of Baker McKenzie's Zurich office and a member of the Firm's Employment and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Prior to rejoining the Firm in 2022, he gained some practical experience as a law clerk at the cantonal civil court of Basel-Stadt and a group legal department of a leading global pharmaceutical company. Before preparing for the bar exam, he already worked as a trainee lawyer for the Baker McKenzie Zurich office.
Andreas Becker focuses on labor and employment law as well as general contract law matters. He supports and advises domestic and international clients in all aspects of employment-related issues, including transactions/restructurings. He also provides legal support regarding litigation, in particular in employment disputes.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- PRO IURE (AlumniBasel)
- Basler Juristenverein (BJV)
- Switzerland~Switzerland (2021)
- University of Basel (MLaw) (2019)
- University of Basel (BLaw) (2017)
- Co-author (with Prof. Dr. iur. Pärli and Prof. Dr. iur. Dipl.-Biol. Zech), "Die Arbeitnehmererfindung - ein Rechtsvergleich zwischen Schweiz und Deutschland mit besonderem Blick auf das IPR," Zeitschrift für Arbeitsrecht und Arbeitslosenversicherung (ARV), Edition 3/2019
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.