Miriam is a senior associate in the Milan office and part of the Public Law, Environmental Law, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Law and Real Estate Team. Since joining the Firm in 2019, Miriam has acted on a number of complex, high value cross-border and domestic cases, with a focus on public procurement, environmental law and competition law issues.
She is a tenured Associate Professor of Administrative Law at Bocconi University of Milan where she teaches Environmental Law, Administrative Law and Public Procurement Law. She also teaches at the Bocconi Master in Green Management, Energy and Corporate Social Responsibility (MAGER). In 2018 she was unanimously declared as Full Professor of Administrative Law by the Italian national scientific committee.
Miriam is often invited as a speaker in congresses and seminars in Italy and abroad. She has been invited several times at the Senate of the Italian Republic to comment on draft laws under discussion in the Parliament.
She was Visiting Scholar in the following Universities: Berkeley Law School (US), University of Oxford (UK), Trinity College of Dublin (Ireland), New York University (US) Reading University (UK), University of Bordeaux (France).
Miriam regularly advises domestic and international clients on administrative law matters. These include environmental, energy, public procurement, infrastructure and real estate issues.
She regularly assists clients before Italian Regional Administrative Courts in relation to administrative, environmental and competition law matters.
She has also assisted a number of clients before the Italian Court of Audit.
- Member of the working group appointed by the Italian Ministry of the Public Administration to draft the Legislative Decrees implementing Law 124/2015 (s.c. 'Reform of the Italian Public Administration') (2015)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Milan Bar Association (2011-Present)
- International Society of Public Law (ICONs) (2018-Present)
- Associate Research Fellow at the Centre for Socio Legal Studies, University of Oxford, UK (2015-2017)
- Milan~Italy (2011)
- University of Milan (PhD in Administrative Law) (2009)
- Catholic University of Milan (LLM - Scuola di Specializzazione per le Professioni Legali) (2006)
- Catholic University of Milan (JD with honors) (2004)
Miriam Allena authored two monographs and more than 70 other scientific publications (articles, case law comments and chapters of books) in the administrative and environmental law fields.