Jorge Adell is the head of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group in Barcelona. He obtained his law degree from The University of Barcelona and a Master in Laws from The University of Chicago. He has practiced law in the UK, USA and Spain and has more than 25 years of experience in corporate, M&A, private equity and real estate transactional work. Jorge is professor at ESADE Law School in Barcelona, and serves as secretary to the board and legal advisor in several Spanish and foreign multinational companies. He also acted as in-house lawyer of the Barcelona'92 Olympic Organizing Committee from 1990 to 1992. Jorge was awarded "Best lawyer of the year 2018" for Real Estate in Spain by the American group Best Lawyers.
Jorge has broad experience in advising international and domestic clients in the areas of corporate law, M&A, strategic alliances, private equity and corporate real estate. He advises companies from industries including real estate, food, IT, energy, textiles, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, vehicle components and tourism.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Marriott on the acquisition of AC's hotel management contracts.
- Acted for Deka Immobilien Investment in more than 15 different transactions since 1997 for the acquisition and transfer of properties, including retail centers, offices, warehouses and hotels.
- Acted for the individual vendors in connection with the transfer of shares in Ecotecnia Energías Renovables, S.L. to Alstom.
- Acted for Confide Residencial in connection with the transfer of the shares in SAR Residencial y Asistencial, S.A. to private equity funds, including Palamon and G-Square.
- Acted for Sara Lee/Bimbo in the transfer of the business in various Spanish factories to Grupo Siro.
- Acted for Tenet Healthcare in connection with the transfer of shares in New Teknon, S.A. to a subsidiary of BC Partners.
- Acted for T-Systems in connection with the acquisition of the shares in Metrolico, S.A. from Lico Corporación, S.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Barcelona~Spain (1988)
- University of Chicago (LL.M.) (1993)
- University of Barcelona (J.D.) (1987)