James Adams is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Group based in London.
He is "also praised by clients as 'knowledgeable and responsive'" (Private Equity, Legal 500, 2017).
James practices in Corporate Law advising clients in relation to negotiated private equity transactions, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations. James has extensive experience in advising private equity and venture capital investors on complex equity structures involving multiple share classes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised CataCap on its USD 145 million acquisition of the AerFin group from CarVal Investors (including in connection with the management incentive programme)
- Advised Post Holdings, Inc on its USD 1.8 billion acquisition of Weetabix from Bright Food Group and Baring Private Equity Asia
- Advised The Rohatyn Group on its EUR 40 million investment in the Amethyst Radiotherapy group
- Advised Core Equity on the acquisition of Portman Dental from Livingbridge and management
- Advised Platinum Equity LLC on disposal of Worldwide Flight Services group to Cerberus Capital Management for EUR 1.2 billion
- Advised the management team of the DMC group in connection with the management incentive arrangements on a sale by Bluegem Capital Partners to Lion Capital
- Advised the management team of the Lawyers on Demand on a sale to Bowmark Capital LLP
- Advised a group of private equity investors on disposal of Amoun Pharmaceutical (an Egyptian generics pharmaceuticals company) to Valeant for c. USD 800 million
- Advised Jones Lang Lasalle in connection with the USD 330 million purchase of Integral UK Ltd
- Advised Montagu Private Equity and Ares in respect of the management incentive arrangements for Euromedic
- Advised the management team of Global Blue on the tertiary buy-out by Silverlake and Partners Group from Equistone Private Equity for EUR 1 billion
- Advised the management team of Ideal Standard (a Bain portfolio company) on a restructuring of their management equity scheme, one of the first restructurings seeing management participating in the senior and mezzanine debt performance
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- College of Law at London (Legal Practice Course) (2008)
- London School of Economics (LLB (2:1)) (2004)