Benjamin Adams is an associate in the Firm's Commercial Real Estate Group in Sydney.
He has worked across a broad range of commercial real estate matters including leasing transactions, acquisitions and disposals of commercial and industrial property, corporate due diligence, development work and general real property advice.
Benjamin is involved in property law reform and has sat on the New South Wales Law Society's Property Law Committee since 2015 and previously chaired the NSW Young Lawyer's Property Law Committee.
Benjamin advises on structured property transactions, joint ventures and the acquisition, development, lease and sale of industrial, commercial and mixed-use developments.
He has acted for major property developers, REITs, institutional landlords and major corporate tenants.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted major developers and large institutional landowners in the acquisition and disposal of commercial property in New South Wales and the Australia Capital Territory, and advised on complex title issues.
- Assisted clients across a broad range of industries on national commercial and retail leasing.
- Assisted in the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts (primarily Australian Standard series) for fit-outs and general construction, including security of payment issues.
- Assisted in general commercial matters (including drafting agreement and deeds), and provided advice in relation to the acquisition and disposal of shares and other assets.
- NSW Young Property Lawyer of the Year, Law Council of Australia, NSW Division, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- NSW Young Lawyers (Chair from February 2015 to March 2017) - Property Committee Member
- NSW Young Lawyers - Taxation Committee Member
- Built Environment Network - Member
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (2011)
- The Tax Institute (Certificate Foundation Tax with Merit) (2012)
- Australian National University (LLB, BA) (2011)