Learn more about the latest developing trends and hot topics in the energy, mining and infrastructure industry.
Corporate Renewable PPAs: 2021 & Beyond Webinar Series
Join us for a four part series where we delve into this ever increasingly relevant market. Further information can be found here.
What Will the Future of Energy Look Like in the US Under a Biden Administration?
Baker McKenzie’s Energy and Environmental Groups held a webinar to examine what is in store for the energy sector under a Biden Administration and his ambitious plan for a "Clean Energy Revolution and Environmental Justice." The panel spoke on the potential impacts of the Biden Administration's immediate and long-term actions on both the conventional and renewable energy sector, as companies seek transformation and diversification in their portfolios and market offerings. The team also discussed expected climate change regulatory initiatives and expanded ESG reporting and disclosure efforts likely to affect the direction and pace of the US energy transition.
Opportunities and Challenges in New Markets for Offshore Wind
Global offshore wind capacity reached 29GW in 2019, a tenfold increase since 2010. While Europe has been the focus of the offshore market, competing without subsidies and floating into deeper waters, offshore wind is rapidly expanding to new markets as technology costs decrease and profit margins for onshore projects become squeezed by tenders and fluctuating power prices. In this webinar, our practitioners discuss the risks and opportunities faced by offshore wind and the development potential in new markets.
Antitrust Compliance in the EMI Sector
This webinar covers the most important compliance and enforcement trends that affect the energy, mining and infrastructure sector.
Distressed M&A and Restructuring & Insolvency
In partnership with the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), we held webinars in relation to:
- Distressed Oil & Gas Acquisitions: A Look at the US - As oil and gas sector companies continue to mitigate a complex market reality and investors begin to explore potential acquisitions, this webinar focuses on how to maximize value in acquisitions when dealing with distressed targets and parties. Access webinar
- Eastern & Southern African Oil & Gas Markets: Financing the Recovery - Oil and gas companies are on the search for banking and financial support in the East and Southern African oil and gas sector as they try to alleviate market challenges. This webinar aims to explore the role of private equity and other lenders in supporting economic recovery with solutions to finance and support recovery and ensure future sector growth. Access webinar
- Looking Past COVID-19: An Asian View of the LNG Industry - LNG companies are exploring their options in this complex market. This webinar centers on a forward-looking view of the LNG industry, touching on the market situation and project developments in Asia and the need to maximize value and minimize risk in a post-COVID-19 world. Access webinar
- Distressed and Opportunistic M&A: A New Arena for the Oil & Gas Market - This webinar focuses on distressed and opportunistic mergers and acquisitions in the oil and gas arena, including a general overview of the meaning of “distressed M&A” and key issues and pitfalls to be aware of. Access webinar
The Rise of Hydrogen: Policy, Practice and Projects
The transition of the global energy sector from fossil-based fuels to zero carbon has been at the top of the agenda for many governments and market players around the globe for the past few years. In this webinar, the discussion touched upon the role of hydrogen in the context of energy transition; government support of "green" hydrogen industry; and opportunities for first movers into the new decarbonized hydrogen market. It also includes case studies of hydrogen projects we've been involved in.
Corporate Sourcing of Renewable Energy
In partnership with the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC), Global Solar Council (GSC) and RE100, we have organized a webinar series on how corporate sourcing of renewable energy in emerging wind and solar markets is transforming energy systems around the world, focusing on the following high-impact markets:
- India - Access webinar
- Japan - Access webinar
- Taiwan - Access webinar
- Southeast Asia/Australia - Access webinar
Tips for Oil & Gas Transactions in the Current Global Market
With the oil and gas industry currently in a challenging state, this webinar explores insights into current global oil and gas transactions. We take a look at getting deals done in the current global market environment; approaches toward pricing, valuations and post-closing adjustments; force majeure considerations specific to oil and gas contracts; capex and financing implications for the industry; and an update on clean energy development, acquisitions and divestitures.
COVID-19 Effects on Large Project Transactions
In this webinar, our industry-focused practitioners explored navigating the COVID-19 implications for major projects by providing practical tips on what we were seeing in the global markets. The discussion includes commercial and finance documentation considerations for existing and new projects; enhanced due diligence and other considerations for M&A transactions; and supply chain issues.