The Senior Manager - Social Media will work inter-departmentally with the global marketing and communications (BDMC) teams to maintain and strengthen Baker McKenzie's social presence and support the firm's broader focus areas. The role holder will be a dynamic and experienced Senior Social Media Manager and will be responsible for keeping social media channels up-to-date and brand-compliant, ensuring consistency of voice, exploring innovative approaches to formats and ways of connecting with audiences, and coordinating with the wider BDMC function to cultivate a strong community around the brand.
This role sits within the Global Marketing Strategy & Campaigns team. The role holder will work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver measurable results in building the Firm's reputation, expanding and deepening client relationships, and driving demand and revenue opportunities.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy that drives brand awareness and cultivates a community across key channels
- Manage Baker McKenzie's global social media channels, primarily LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant platforms, with a particular focus on LinkedIn.
- Create dynamic multimedia content by collaborating with our in-house design and digital content teams
- Oversee the creation and scheduling of an optimal social media content calendar
- Act as the go-to social media expert internally and externally to suggest the best ways to maximize impact and strengthen reputation
- Build the social media profiles of our global leadership team to help strengthen their personal brands
- Collaborate with the content team to create social media campaigns to support the firm's global thought leadership initiatives
- Advise on paid media strategies, working with our Digital team and external agencies, as required
- Analyze and report on social media activity, audiences and demographics, success of campaigns, and learnings
- Issue and implement recommendations for optimization based on metrics
- Provide social media advice, guidance, and support for BDMC colleagues and other internal stakeholders to ensure content follows best practices
- Proactively provide insight into trending topics and competitor activity on social media
- Support the broader digital channel functions to deliver a best-in-class digital experience
Skills and Experience:
- Strong relevant experience in digital marketing and brand social media marketing
- Knowledge and operational experience of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and relevance of each in a business context
- Proficiency in web-based content management systems
- Experience in digital reporting and analysis
- Experience working in B2B professional services and adhering to corporate brand guidelines
- Comfortable working as part of a global team based across multiple offices
- Knowledge and experience with bespoke marketing tools + platforms
- Experience executing paid social media campaigns
- Ability to multitask and work well under tight deadlines in a busy environment, responding to requests and project briefs on time
- Strong understanding and experience of multi-channel marketing
- Experience implementing go-to-market, digital-first strategies and tactics
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong reputation management skills
For candidates living and working in our New York City or Washington, DC offices only, the annual salary range is between $140k and $150k.