Why Baker McKenzie?
At Baker McKenzie not only do we pride ourselves on leading pay and a great culture, joining a leading Global Law firm provides unique development opportunities to grow in a highly supportive working environment throughout all stages of your life. We know our people value flexibility around when and where they work. So we are committed to offering a more adaptable way to work, we call this BAgile. As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with an extensive range of wellbeing, recognition & benefits offerings.
The Manager, Talent Management role works collaboratively with associates, leadership teams and professionals across the business, but specifically in the Sydney office to deliver value added service, aligned with strategic direction, vision and values of the office and Firm.
The role acts as a strategic business advisor to leadership teams on all people related issues and acts as an employee champion and change agent by assessing and anticipating people-related needs.
You will communicate needs proactively with our People team and business management and develop integrated solutions; maintain an effective level of business knowledge about the Australian office and Firm, its strategic plans, its culture and its competition.
This is a highly collaborate role where which requires close liaison with the Director of Talent Management, Australia, and all members of the Talent Management and People team in Australia and in the Asia Pacific region. This role provides a unified, high-quality business partnering service to the leadership of the Firm, practice group leaders, partners and PBS Directors and their respective teams.
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity.
The function includes: Talent Management; Recruitment & Mobility; Diversity & Inclusion; Leadership & Learning and Careers, Performance and Rewards
What we're looking for -
- Bachelor’s degree focusing on Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Management, or other related areas; professional human resources certification highly desired
- Extensive experience in HR/Talent Management, preferably in a professional services firm environment
- Strong knowledge of HR functional disciplines (employee relations, staffing, compensation, organizational development, training, and employee development)
- Knowledge of Australian Employment legislation including but not limited to the Fair Work Act and the Legal Services Award.
- Experience working across multiple locations and jurisdictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent written and spoken English is required
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive results with a sense of urgency in setting strategies and executing against the objectives
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders, strong collaboration skills and effective stakeholder management
- Strong coaching, counselling, business acumen, and overall communication skills
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
About the Firm
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm.
Our application process
Please apply by selecting the "apply now" link below and completing an online application form.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.