Brian Zurawski is a partner in the Firm's Transactional Practice Group in Chicago.
Brian advises on real estate and finance matters including joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and financing (representing both lenders and borrowers). Brian has extensive experience representing owners and potential purchasers of data centers, multi-family properties, industrial properties and office properties. Brian also has extensive experience representing owners and potential purchasers in connection with real estate matters affecting power and infrastructure projects (including natural gas, solar and wind projects).
Representative Legal Matters
- Ongoing representation of landlords in the negotiation of lease agreements and lease agreement amendments for space in office buildings located in downtown Chicago, IL.
- Advised the tenant in the negotiation of a lease agreement for approximately 160,000 square feet of office space located in Burlington, Massachusetts.
- Advised the tenant in the negotiation of a 1 MW data center lease agreement.
- Advised the tenant in the negotiation of an amendment to an existing data center lease agreement, which increased available power by 2.5 MW.
- Advised the landlord in the preparation of a form wholesale data center lease agreement.
- Represented the seller in connection with the transfer of 69 properties into a REIT, as part of a larger transaction involving the transfer of over 200 properties valued at over USD 2 billion.
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition of an approximately 260-room hotel located in downtown Houston, Texas.
- Advised the borrower in the USD 65 million refinancing of a hotel located in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Advised the owner of an industrial property portfolio in the sale of approximately one-third of its United States portfolio to a joint venture formed between the client and an institutional investor, including the roll-up of many existing investors. Approximate value of assets sold exceeded USD 850 million.
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition and financing of an approximately 265-unit residential apartment project located in Aurora, IL.
- Illinois~United States (2009)
- Cornell Law School (J.D.) (2009)
- Loyola University, Chicago (B.B.A., magna cum laude) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.