Brian Zurawski is a partner in the Firm's Banking, Finance, Major Projects & Real Estate Practice Group in Chicago.
Brian advises on real estate and finance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Ongoing representation of landlords in the negotiation of lease agreements and lease agreement amendments for space in office buildings located in downtown Chicago, IL.
- Advised the tenant in the negotiation of a lease agreement for approximately 160,000 square feet of office space located in Burlington, Massachusetts.
- Advised the tenant in the negotiation of a 1 MW data center lease agreement.
- Advised the tenant in the negotiation of an amendment to an existing data center lease agreement, which increased available power by 2.5 MW.
- Advised the landlord in the preparation of a form wholesale data center lease agreement.
- Represented the seller in connection with the transfer of 69 properties into a REIT, as part of a larger transaction involving the transfer of over 200 properties valued at over USD 2 billion.
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition of an approximately 260-room hotel located in downtown Houston, Texas.
- Advised the borrower in the USD 65 million refinancing of a hotel located in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Advised the owner of an industrial property portfolio in the sale of approximately one-third of its United States portfolio to a joint venture formed between the client and an institutional investor, including the roll-up of many existing investors. Approximate value of assets sold exceeded USD 850 million.
- Advised the purchaser in the acquisition and financing of an approximately 265-unit residential apartment project located in Aurora, IL.
- Illinois~United States (2009)
- Cornell Law School (J.D.) (2009)
- Loyola University, Chicago (B.B.A. magna cum laude) (2005)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.