Andrew Zaw is a local principal in the Finance & Projects Group of Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow in Singapore. Andrew has more than 12 years experience representing sponsors, lenders and government in energy and infrastructure projects in Asia, Africa and Europe. Andrew is a recognised Next Generation Lawyer for Banking & Finance: Singapore by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018.
Andrew's main areas of practice are in the financing, in particular and project financing of oil & gas, power, mining and infrastructure projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Andrew's financing and project finance experience includes:
- Advising Vena Energy (formerly Equis Energy) in relation to the USD160M project financing of a portfolio of renewable energy (Wind and Solar PV) projects in Indonesia.
- Advising the sponsor and project company on the financing of the 510 MW Batang Toru hydroelectric power project in Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Advising Gulf Energy Development Public Company Limited on project financing for their 2,500 MW natural gas-fired power project.
- Advising SMBC, Mizuho and Export-Import Bank of Thailand on the financing of the USD 5 billion Long Son Petrochemicals Project being developed in Vietnam by the Siam Cement Group.
- Advised the lenders in a USD 250 million, MIGA guaranteed, road expansion and project in Lam Dong and Dong Nai Provinces, Vietnam.
- Advising the mandated lead arrangers on the SGD430 million acquisition and take private financing of SGX listed Tat Hong Holdings Ltd.
- Advised Reliance Petroleum Limited on its export credit agency financing (US EX-IM and SACE) and syndicated term loan financing for the construction and development of its USD 6 billion petroleum refinery at Jamnagar, India.
- Advised BP and the sponsors' consortium on the 7.6MTPA Tangguh LNG project in Indonesia including the USD 8.5 billion multi-tranche financing for the Train 3 Project funded by international and domestic commercial banks, JBIC and ADB.
- Advised the lenders for the GBP 2.4 billion financing of the Future Strategic Tanker Aircraft project undertaken by AirTanker Limited for the UK Ministry of Defence.
- Advised BP on a USD 3 billion pre-export financing of hydrocarbon assets in Angola and a USD 2.25 billion pre-export financing of hydrocarbon assets in Azerbaijan.
- Next Generation Lawyers, Singapore Banking & Finance: Foreign Firms, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- New South Wales (2003)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Laws with honors) (2003)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics) (2000)
Co-presenter, 2015 Project Finance Training Series, Asia Pacific Loan Market Association, 2015
Baker & McKenzie.Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.