Takeshi Yoshida is a senior associate in the Firm's Dispute Resolution and Compliance & Investigations groups in Tokyo. His experience includes working at the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Hong Kong and he handles international dispute resolution and corporate investigation as well as commercial contracts and compliance.
Since 2015, Takeshi has been teaching strategy for business negotiation as a part-time lecturer at Chuo University's Graduate School of Strategic Management (Chuo University Business School). He is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association, the New York Bar Association, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) as MCIArb, the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) as CIA and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) as CFE, and is fluent in English and Japanese.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as legal counsel in international arbitration, international litigation (including but not limited to US litigation) and other international dispute resolution matters.
- Acted as legal counsel in domestic litigation, mediation, provisional or conservative relief, enforcement and other dispute resolution matters.
- Drafted and/or negotiated a variety of commercial agreements such as share purchase agreements, joint venture business agreements, business consignment agreements, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and others.
- Represented and acted for various clients in comprehensive internal investigations regarding overseas bribery cases and suspicious alleged activities involving officers, directors, or employees.
- Advised various clients on communication with international human rights NGO and other actions related to human rights issues.
- Represented and acted for various clients in comprehensive internal investigations regarding overseas and domestic cartel cases, legal support for cooperation with the US Department Of Justice and filing reports and materials regarding leniency programs under the Japanese antitrust laws with the Japanese Fair Trade Commission.
- Advised various clients on introducing internal compliance system for anti-bribery, anti-human rights violation and anti-cartel.
Superior Independent Committee Report in 2014, Committee for Rating Third Party Committee Reports, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York Bar Association - Member
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Member
- Japan Association for Arbitrators - Member
- Institution of Internal Auditors - Certified Internal Auditor
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - Certified Fraud Examiner
- Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, Japan Independent Administrative Agency - International Business Advisor (2016-2018)
- Chuo University's Graduate School of Strategic Management (Chuo University Business School) -Part time lecturer (Strategy for Business Negotiation)
- Anti-Bribery Committee Japan - Member
- Judge, Intercollege Negotiation Competition (sponsored by Sumitomo Group Public Affairs Authority etc.), 2013-present
- New York~United States (2013)
- Japan (2007)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LLM) (2012)
- Tokyo University (LLB) (2003)
Author, "Managing global product recalls 5: The EU, Germany and France (2)," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, April 2019, Language: Japanese
Author, "Managing global product recalls 4: The EU, Germany and France (1)," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, March 2019, Language: Japanese
Author, "Managing global product recalls 3: China," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, February 2019, Language: Japanese
Author, "Managing global product recalls 2: The US (2)," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, January 2019, Language: Japanese
Author, "Managing global product recalls 1: The US (1)," Business Law Journal, LexisNexis, December 2018, Language: Japanese
Speaker, "Addressing foreign bribery risks: preparing for global compliance risks," Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, January 2019
Panel, "The 1st Annual Anti-Corruption Forum: How can Japanese companies fight corruption? Practices and ways of cooperating to prevent isolation of on-site employees," Anti-Bribery Committee Japan (ABCJ) and Global Compact Network Japan (GCNJ), September 2018
Speaker, "Preparing for global compliance risks: Measures to mitigate the foreign bribery risks faced by Japanese corporations," Tokyo Shoko Research, September 2018