Takeshi Yoshida is a senior associate in the Firm's Dispute Resolution, Corporate/M&A and Antitrust / Competition groups in Tokyo. His experience includes working at the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Hong Kong and he handles international dispute resolution and corporate investigation as well as commercial contracts and compliance.
Since 2015, Takeshi has been teaching strategy for business negotiation as a part-time lecturer at Chuo University's Graduate School of Strategic Management (Chuo University Business School) and in 2016 he was registered as international business advisor at Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, Japan Independent Administrative Agency. He is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association, the New York Bar Association, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and is fluent in English and Japanese.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as legal counsel in international arbitration, international litigation (including but not limited to US litigation) and other international dispute resolution matters.
- Acted as legal counsel in domestic litigation, mediation, provisional or conservative relief, enforcement and other dispute resolution matters.
- Drafted and/or negotiated a variety of commercial agreements such as share purchase agreements, joint venture business agreements, business consignment agreements, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and others.
- Represented and acted for various clients in comprehensive internal investigations regarding overseas bribery cases and suspicious alleged activities involving officers, directors, or employees.
- Represented and acted for various clients in comprehensive internal investigations regarding overseas and domestic cartel cases, legal support for cooperation with the U.S. Department Of Justice and filing reports and materials regarding leniency programs under the Japanese antitrust laws with the Japanese Fair Trade Commission. Also filed any other reports relevant to regulations governing corporate combinations.
- Advised on legal issues with respect to shareholders' meetings and Japanese corporate law.
- Advised and conducted due diligence related to M&A.
- Advised on debt collections from insolvent corporations prior to and during insolvency proceedings under Japanese insolvency law.
- Acted as legal counsel in the filing of a petition for the commencement of a civil rehabilitation or corporate reorganization procedure, and acted as a supporter of bankruptcy trustees in bankruptcy cases.
Superior Independent Committee Report in 2014, Committee for Rating Third Party Committee Reports, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York Bar Association
- Tokyo Bar Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Organization for Small &Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation - International Business Advisor
- Chuo University's Graduate School of Strategic Management (Chuo University Business School) - Part-time lecturer (Strategy for Business Negotiation)
- Judge, Intercollege Negotiation Competition (sponsored by Sumitomo Group Public Affairs Authority etc.), 2013-present
- New York~United States (2013)
- Japan (2007)
- Northwestern University School of Law (LLM) (2012)
- Tokyo University (LLB) (2003)