Sidney is an associate in the tax team, with a specialization in transfer pricing.
He has experience in assisting various multinational clients in complying with their transfer pricing obligations, managing audit and tax controversy issues with the Australian Taxation Office and developing economically sustainable transfer prices for related party transactions. Sidney has previously worked in the transfer pricing team at a global Big Four accountancy firm.
Sidney's practice focus is on transfer pricing and managing international tax issues for both global multinational companies and Australian corporates. Sidney regularly deals with the Australian Taxation Office for client reviews, voluntary disclosures and audit proceedings to reach positive outcomes for clients.
Sidney has experience advising clients in a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, e-commerce and consumer goods.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a multinational technology company on the application of Australia’s extraterritorial GST regime as it applies to inbound intangible consumer supplies into Australia and represented them in disclosing outstanding GST liabilities to the ATO.
- Advised a multinational company in the energy industry on potential transfer pricing risks for their related party transactions with Australia and suggested recommendations to support their transfer pricing positions.
- Advised a company in the hotel and hospitality industry on transfer pricing implications for their intercompany lease arrangements.
- Assisted multinational financial services company in preparing tax documentation for their new financial product and applying to the Australian Taxation Office for a product ruling.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of Australia
Beta Gamma Sigma - Academic Honor Society
- High Court of Australia~Australia (2020)
- Supreme Court of New South Wales~Australia (2020)
- University of Sydney (Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Law) (2017)