Piotr Wysocki works in the Firm’s Tax Practice Group in Warsaw. His practice is focused on income tax and international tax law issues. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in 2005, Piotr advised on tax issues as a practitioner at some of the largest international tax advisory firms.
Piotr's practice is focused on advisory in the field of M&A, capital market and financial transactions. He assists leading private equity funds in structuring their Polish investments, and has significant experience advising on complex domestic and international restructurings, financings and securitizations. He also advises Polish HNWI on their M&A transactions, and in optimizing the legal model of business operations. His clients include local and multinational companies from variety of industries (financial, real estate, telecom, energy).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised leading Polish and multinational corporations with respect to on-going issues in the field of corporate income tax and international taxation
- Advised numerous clients on tax implications of mergers, divisions and transformation of companies
- Advised on structuring complex restructuring transactions covering analysis of tax effectiveness of transfer of a business through the purchase / contribution of shares, enterprise or an organised part of the enterprise, through merger, demerger, redemption of shares or liquidation
- Advised private equity houses with structuring of the investments in Poland (including devising international structures for such investments); also advised the Polish founders selling their business to private equity funds
- Advised clients on tax aspects of international investment / financing structures (e.g. international holding and financing structures, issuance of Eurobonds, international securitization)
- Advised clients on tax implications of restructuring of distribution models in Poland to agency or commissionaire model
- Conducted / supervised a number of tax reviews for internal purposes (risk management, optimization review) of clients and within due diligence processes in companies from various sectors
- Represented clients in tax litigation cases before administrative courts.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tax Advisors Bar
- Poland (2005)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Master's Degree Economics) (1999)