Alex Wolff is Managing Partner of the Firm’s Melbourne office. Prior to that appointment, Alex served for a number of years as head of the Australian Dispute Resolution, Insolvency and Reconstruction and Employment Group. Alex has long been recognised as one of Australia's leading litigation lawyers in key national and regional industry surveys including Best Lawyers Australia and Chambers Asia Pacific.
Alex is a highly experienced dispute resolution practitioner who advises clients on complex and sensitive matters requiring strategic negotiation, risk management and resolution. Alex advises on corporate and regulatory matters, investigations and inquiries and commercial disputes arising in contract, insolvency and corporate restructure, competition and consumer law claims, insurance, product liability and property law. Alex conducts disputes in state and federal superior and appellate courts, international and domestic arbitrations, and has experience with specialist tribunals, special references and alternative dispute resolution.
Representative Legal Matters
- Responsible for conduct and management of high value and multi-party court and arbitration proceedings.
- Responsible for obtaining court and ASIC scheme of arrangement approvals required under the Corporations Act and acting for acquirers and targets in relation to mergers and acquisitions by scheme.
- Responsible for advising on a host of issues for motor vehicle and engine manufacturers including: dealership/distribution issues, motor sport issues, disputes with suppliers, brand and reputation issues, insolvency issues, and recovery of stock and equipment.
- Advised and represented individuals and corporate clients in formal examinations under statute and other dealings with ASIC and the ACCC.
- Extensive experience in representing interests of clients in formal and informal negotiations including mediation, conciliation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Council of Australia - Insolvency & Reconstruction Committee
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Victoria~Australia (1994)
- Monash University (LL.B.) (1992)
- Monash University (B.A.) (1990)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.