Dr. Robert Wippel is a counsel in the banking and finance team of the Vienna office and specializes in banking law and financing transactions. He advises lenders, borrowers and sponsors with respect to all types of financing transactions including project-, acquisition- and real estate financing. Robert also has a strong knowledge and track record in structured financing as well as regulatory matters. Robert started his career 2011 as a banking associate in the Vienna office of a Magic Circle firm and joined Baker McKenzie in 2019.
- Experienced in finance transactions, structured finance and regulatory issues, Legal 500, 2021
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austrian Bar Association - Member
- Austria (2014)
- University of Vienna (Dr. iur.) (2012)
- University of Vienna (Mag. iur.) (2009)
- Author, "Neue Regeln für Wohnkredite," Bau & Immobilien Report, Das Magazin für Wissen, Technik und Ursprung, Wien, Nr. 9, September 2022, p. 46
- Author, "Transparenz als Schlüssel zu nachhaltigem Investieren" Zeitschrift für Nachhaltigkeitsrecht, NR 2021, 314 ff
- Author, "Green Loans in Real Estate Finance," Immobilienmagazin, June 2021
- Author, "Nachhaltige Kreditfinanzierung - Win-win für ökologische Unternehmen?" Industriemagazin, March 2021
- Author, "Mezzaninfinanzierungen - Chance und Risiko zugleich," Immobilienmagazin, March 2021
- Author, "Umbruch im Kreditgeschäft – was ändert sich für Unternehmen?" Industriemagazin, November 2020
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwälte LLP & Co KG is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.