Joy Williamson is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group. She routinely represents taxpayers at various stages of tax controversies, including audit, administrative appeals and judicial proceedings. She also has experience in domestic and international tax structuring and planning. Upon graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law, she received the Edwin S. Cohen Tax Prize for her performance in the tax area.
Ms. Williamson’s practice focuses on all aspects of US federal income taxation, with emphasis on federal tax controversy matters. Ms. Williamson's practice also includes domestic and international tax structuring and planning for corporations, partnerships, and other pass-through entities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Dallas Bar Association - Member
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2014)
- Texas~United States (2013)
- District of Columbia~United States (2012)
- Virginia~United States (2011)
- University of Virginia School of Law (2011)
- Liberty University (2005)