Boris Wenger is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Zurich office, where he advises on competition law, public procurement, healthcare, export control, customs and energy law matters. Chambers Europe and Legal 500 have ranked Mr. Wenger as a leader in the field of competition and antitrust for many years.
Mr. Wenger advises Swiss and multinational clients from a wide range of industries on all aspects of Swiss and European competition law as well as antitrust damages claims. He develops and carries out compliance training, and offers dawn raid support. He often acts as counsel in cartel, dominance and merger control cases before competition authorities, civil courts and arbitral tribunals.
Mr. Wenger's practice also covers the contractual design of distribution networks, joint ventures and licenses. He advises on other matters concerning administrative and regulatory law, represents clients in public procurement cases, and assists in export control and customs matters. He also has considerable experience advising on healthcare matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Nikon in the Competition Commission’s investigation and in appeal proceedings with respect to the authority’s CHF12.5 million fine for restriction of parallel imports.
- Represented a multinational bank in the Competition Commission’s investigation into Libor abuse by banks and brokers.
- Represented a Swiss galvanizing company in the Competition Commission’s investigation into price collusion.
- Represented Viseca Card Services SA and Aduno SA in the Competition Commission’s investigation into anti-competitive agreements on credit card interchange fees.
- Represented various clients in connection with informal Competition Commission investigations.
- Advised Clariant on multijurisdictional filing requirements in connection with various transactions.
- Advised Telecom Liechtenstein on multijurisdictional filing requirements in connection with the mobilkom Liechtenstein merger.
- Developed and implemented compliance and regulatory training for various clients including listed companies.
- Represented a UK software provider in an appeal against a tender of the Swiss national railway company before the Federal Administrative Tribunal.
- Advised Swiss subsidiaries of FLSmidth group on various international trade compliance issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Zurich Bar Association - Member
- Swiss Bar Association - Member
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V. - Member
- Swiss Public Procurement Association - Member
- American Bar Association ABA - Member
- Zurich~Switzerland (2001)
- Stanford University (J.S.M. Advanced degree) (2002)
- University of Basel (Law Degree) (1996)
Co-author, "Merger Control Survey Switzerland," IFLR, 2015
Co-author, "EU-Swiss Cooperation Agreement: Information Exchange," The Lawyer, 2 March 2015
Co-author, Switzerland chapter, The Public Competition Enforcement Review, Adrian Synnott (ed.), Sixth Edition, 2014
Speaker, "Das Bundesverwaltungsgerichtsurteil i.S. Nikon - Analyse aus Parteisicht," Studienvereinigungs Kartellrecht - Semester Meeting Zurich, October 2016
Speaker, "Grenzüberschreitende Auskunftsbegehren von Wettbewerbsbehörden," Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht – Meeting Bern, June 2016