Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted the Luxembourg management company of an international asset management group licensed under the UCITS regulation, in the context of the tax audit of its intra-group transactions, concluded with related companies located in Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France and Austria.
- Assisted a New York-based distressed-focused hedge fund investment adviser in testing the arm's length nature of a total interest expense in the context of a multifactorial debt instrument, through which investments were mainly made in Western Europe.
- Assisted a leading European financial services firm, specialised in equity brokerage, equity capital markets and asset management, in the restructuring process of their asset management division, designing a new business model and functional structure for the entities involved.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD)
- International Tax Center Leiden University - Holland
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Luxembourg Branch - Member
- International Latin American Tax Law Association (ILADT) - Venezuelan Branch (AVDT) - Member
- Venezuelan Tax Law Association (AVDT) and Financial Law Association - Member
- Caracas and Miranda State Bar - Member
- International Taxation in ESAN School of Business Diploma - Lima Peru - Professor
- Leiden University (LL.M. International Taxation) (2002)
- Universidad Metropolitana (MS Taxation and Management) (2000)
- Universidad Santa Maria (MS Tax Law and Public Finance) (1998)
- Universidad Santa Maria (LL.B.) (1994)
Author, BEPS Interest Expense Deductions, PaperJam, December 2016
Contributor, Transfer Pricing Chapter on Luxembourg, IBFD, July 2016
Presenter, "The Future of Transfer Pricing," IFA International Annual Congress 2017: Luxembourg Reporter on Subject 2, December 2016
Speaker, BEPS action plan, practical implication on Action 4, AVDT Annual Congress, November 2016
Presenter, "Interest Expense Deductions: A new challenge," ALFI Luxembourg, Annual Congress, October 2016