Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the world’s largest infrastructure asset manager, with growing infrastructure and social infrastructure portfolio of more than USD 129 billion under management, on the restructuring of the financing/capital structure of one of its major fund structures with investments in multiple European countries and total commitments of GBP 2.7 billion.
- Advised a unique highly renowned industrial designer looking for integrated transfer pricing solution to align the highly complex, competitive and continuously evolving value chain model of the industrial designing industry.
- Assisted the Luxembourg management company of an international asset management group licensed under the UCITS regulation, in the context of the tax audit of its intra-group transactions, concluded with related companies located in Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France and Austria.
- Assisted a New York-based distressed-focused hedge fund investment adviser in testing the arm's length nature of a total interest expense in the context of a multifactorial debt instrument, through which investments were mainly made in Western Europe.
- Assisted a leading European financial services firm, specialised in equity brokerage, equity capital markets and asset management, in the restructuring process of their asset management division, designing a new business model and functional structure for the entities involved.
- Tier 1 practice by Legal 500 in 2020
- Named as Leading Individual by Legal 500 in 2020
- Luxembourg Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year for five consecutive years, from 2016 to 2020, International Tax Review European Awards
- Band 3 practice by Chambers Europe in 2020
- Highly regarded practitioner in the World Transfer Pricing 2020 Guide
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD)
- International Tax Center Leiden University - Holland
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Luxembourg Branch - Member
- International Latin American Tax Law Association (ILADT) - Venezuelan Branch (AVDT) - Member
- Venezuelan Tax Law Association (AVDT) and Financial Law Association - Member
- Caracas and Miranda State Bar - Member
- International Taxation in ESAN School of Business Diploma - Lima Peru - Professor
- Leiden University (LL.M. International Taxation) (2002)
- Universidad Metropolitana (MS Taxation and Management) (2000)
- Universidad Santa Maria (MS Tax Law and Public Finance) (1998)
- Universidad Santa Maria (LL.B.) (1994)
Contributor, Contemplating force majeure and other contractual considerations in intercompany agreements, in collaboration with Bloomberg Tax & Accounting, April 2020
Author, "Reconsidering the finance function of digital companies," International Tax Review - TP Supplement, 29 April 2020
Author, BEPS Interest Expense Deductions, PaperJam, December 2016
Contributor, Transfer Pricing Chapter on Luxembourg, IBFD, July 2016
Speaker, Curso de Precios de Transferencia dictado por el IESA, Panamà, June 2019
Speaker, 6th Annual Bloomberg Tax and Baker McKenzie Global Transfer Pricing Conference, Paris 2018
Speaker, 5th Annual Bloomberg Tax and Baker McKenzie Global Transfer Pricing | Transfer Pricing Conference, Paris 2017
Presenter, September 8th, 2017. Lima - Peru: "New OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines and its Impact in Peruvian Tax Law on Transfer Pricing," ESAN University, IPIDET
Presenter, "The Future of Transfer Pricing," IFA International Annual Congress 2017: Luxembourg Reporter on Subject 2, December 2016
Speaker, BEPS action plan, practical implication on Action 4, AVDT Annual Congress, November 2016