Antonio A. Weffer is a tax principal in Baker McKenzie's Tax Practice Group and the head of the firm's transfer pricing practice in Luxembourg. Antonio is an active member of several international professional tax organizations, and regularly publishes articles on international tax issues and speaks at worldwide seminars and conferences. He was ranked Band 2 in the World Transfer Pricing 2017 guide.
Antonio's practice focuses on transfer pricing and valuation documentation, benchmarks, and other economic analysis services to the business community worldwide. He has over 18 years of experience handling complex financial and non-financial multinational enterprises, cross-border transactions, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions across a range of industry sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted the Luxembourg management company of an international asset management group licensed under the UCITS regulation, in the context of the tax audit of its intra-group transactions, concluded with related companies located in Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France and Austria.
- Assisted a New York-based distressed-focused hedge fund investment adviser in testing the arm's length nature of a total interest expense in the context of a multifactorial debt instrument, through which investments were mainly made in Western Europe.
- Assisted a leading European financial services firm, specialised in equity brokerage, equity capital markets and asset management, in the restructuring process of their asset management division, designing a new business model and functional structure for the entities involved.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD)
- International Tax Center Leiden University - Holland
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Luxembourg Branch - Member
- International Latin American Tax Law Association (ILADT) - Venezuelan Branch (AVDT) - Member
- Venezuelan Tax Law Association (AVDT) and Financial Law Association - Member
- Caracas and Miranda State Bar - Member
- International Taxation in ESAN School of Business Diploma - Lima Peru - Professor
- Leiden University (LL.M. International Taxation) (2002)
- Universidad Metropolitana (MS Taxation and Management) (2000)
- Universidad Santa Maria (MS Tax Law and Public Finance) (1998)
- Universidad Santa Maria (LL.B.) (1994)
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.