Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the world’s largest infrastructure asset manager, with growing infrastructure and social infrastructure portfolio of more than USD 129 billion under management, on the restructuring of the financing/capital structure of one of its major fund structures with investments in multiple European countries and total commitments of GBP 2.7 billion.
- Advised a unique highly renowned industrial designer looking for integrated transfer pricing solution to align the highly complex, competitive and continuously evolving value chain model of the industrial designing industry.
- Assisted the Luxembourg management company of an international asset management group licensed under the UCITS regulation, in the context of the tax audit of its intra-group transactions, concluded with related companies located in Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France and Austria.
- Assisted a New York-based distressed-focused hedge fund investment adviser in testing the arm's length nature of a total interest expense in the context of a multifactorial debt instrument, through which investments were mainly made in Western Europe.
- Assisted a leading European financial services firm, specialised in equity brokerage, equity capital markets and asset management, in the restructuring process of their asset management division, designing a new business model and functional structure for the entities involved.
- Tier 1 practice by Legal 500 in 2020
- Named as Leading Individual by Legal 500 in 2020
- Luxembourg Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year for five consecutive years, from 2016 to 2020, International Tax Review European Awards
- Band 3 practice by Chambers Europe in 2020
- Highly regarded practitioner in the World Transfer Pricing 2020 Guide
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (IBFD)
- International Tax Center Leiden University - Holland
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Luxembourg Branch - Member
- International Latin American Tax Law Association (ILADT) - Venezuelan Branch (AVDT) - Member
- Venezuelan Tax Law Association (AVDT) and Financial Law Association - Member
- Caracas and Miranda State Bar - Member
- International Taxation in ESAN School of Business Diploma - Lima Peru - Professor
- Leiden University (LL.M. International Taxation) (2002)
- Universidad Metropolitana (MS Taxation and Management) (2000)
- Universidad Santa Maria (MS Tax Law and Public Finance) (1998)
- Universidad Santa Maria (LL.B.) (1994)
Co-author, "Clarifications on the Newly Introduced Profit Participating Incentive Scheme," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 22 February 2021
Co-author, "Interest Deduction Limitation Rule - New Guidance Released by the Luxembourg Tax Authorities," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 9 February 2021
Contributor, Contemplating force majeure and other contractual considerations in intercompany agreements, in collaboration with Bloomberg Tax & Accounting, April 2020
Author, "Reconsidering the finance function of digital companies," International Tax Review - TP Supplement, 29 April 2020
Author, BEPS Interest Expense Deductions, PaperJam, December 2016