Dr. Ulf Wauschkuhn is head of the EMEA International Commercial & Trade Practice Group and a member of the Global Steering Committee of the International Commercial & Trade Practice Group. According to Chambers Europe, Ulf is one of the three top-rated notable practitioners in Germany and furthermore he is recognized as one of Germany’s leading lawyers in distribution law by the JUVE Handbook on German Commercial Law Firms and the Nomos Handbook on Law Firms in Germany. He is also listed as a leading lawyer in trade & distribution law by The Legal 500 Germany 2018. Ulf published two handbooks on buy-sell distribution agreements. Furthermore, he is co-publisher of the German Journal on Distribution Law and the legal commentary on all aspects of distribution law published by the leading German publishing house C. H. Beck.
Ulf advises companies on all matters of commercial law, with particular emphasis on the setup and restructuring of distribution systems, the termination of distribution contracts and supply, logistics and commercial lease agreements. He is also adept at handling commercial law disputes — both in and out of court.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Allianz Deutschland AG on distribution law matters.
- Advised Amazon on the conclusion of logistics and transport agreements.
- Advised Esprit on the conclusion of various contracts in connection with its European Logistic Centre.
- Advised a leading German car manufacturer on distribution and contract law matters.
- Represented Procter & Gamble in litigation and arbitration proceedings in connection with the termination of distribution agreements.
- Advised and represented Roche Diagnostics in the conclusion of a major logistics agreement regarding the outsourcing of the logistics for one of its divisions.
- Advised VF on the integration of Timberland and the building up of the Eastpak and The North Face business in Europe and the conclusion of commercial lease agreements.
- Leading Individual in Distribution Law, Juve Germany 2017
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Notable Practitioner for Commercial Contracts, Chambers Europe 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. - Member
- Germany (1992)
- Oberlandesgericht Stuttgart (Assessor Exam) (1992)
- University of Tuebingen (Dr. jur.) (1990)
- University of Tuebingen (Referendar Exam) (1989)
- University of Hamburg (1985)