Dr. Ulf Wauschkuhn is head of the EMEA International Commercial & Trade Practice Group and a member of the Global Steering Committee of the International Commercial & Trade Practice Group. According to Chambers Europe 2018, Ulf is one of the top 3 attorneys in Commercial Contracts and furthermore he is recognized as one of Germany’s leading lawyers in distribution law by the JUVE Handbook on German Commercial Law Firms and the Nomos Handbook on Law Firms in Germany. He is also listed as a leading lawyer in trade & distribution law by The Legal 500 Germany. Ulf published two handbooks on buy-sell distribution agreements. Furthermore, he is co-publisher of the German Journal on Distribution Law and the legal commentary on all aspects of distribution law published by the leading German publishing house C. H. Beck.
Ulf advises companies on all matters of commercial law, with particular emphasis on the setup and restructuring of distribution systems, the termination of distribution contracts and supply, logistics and commercial lease agreements. He is also adept at handling commercial law disputes — both in and out of court.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Allianz on distribution law matters.
- Advised Amazon on the conclusion of logistics and transport agreements.
- Advised Esprit on the conclusion of various contracts in connection with its European Logistic Centre.
- Advised a German leading car manufacturer on distribution and contract law matters.
- Represented a global leading consumer products manufacturer in litigation and arbitration proceedings in connection with the termination of distribution agreements.
- Represented Novartis in court in connection with the termination of a distribution agreement.
- Advised and represented Roche Diagnostics in the conclusion of a major logistics agreement regarding the outsourcing of the logistics for one of its divisions.
- Advising VF (with the brands Timberland, Eastpak, The North Face, Vans, Napapijri, Wrangler and Lee) in contract and distribution law matters and legal proceedings on a permanent basis.
- Represented a tier 1 manufacturer in the automotive industry in litigation proceedings with both suppliers and customers.
- Best Lawyer of the Year 2018 in Commercial Law, Handelsblatt, July 2018
- Leading Individual in Distribution Law, Juve Germany, each year since 2001
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Band 1 in Commercial Law, Chambers, since 2016
- Leading Lawyer in Trade & Distribution Law, Legal 500 Germany since 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. - Member
- Germany (1992)
- Oberlandesgericht Stuttgart (Assessor Exam) (1992)
- University of Tuebingen (Dr. jur.) (1990)
- University of Tuebingen (Referendar Exam) (1989)
- University of Hamburg (1985)