Ulf advises companies on all matters of commercial law, with particular emphasis on the setup and restructuring of distribution systems, the termination of distribution contracts and supply, logistics and commercial lease agreements. He is also adept at handling commercial law disputes — both in and out of court.
Representative Legal Matters
Regularly advises a German leading car manufacturer on distribution, e-commerce, digitalization, e-mobility and other contract law matters.
Advised Allianz on distribution law matters.
Advised Amazon on the conclusion of logistics and transport agreements.
Represented CureVac in the negotiations for the supply of the Covid19-vaccine.
Advised Karl Storz on the form-changing conversion to a SE & Co. KG and regularly advises the client on commercial contract matters.
Represented Novartis in court in connection with the termination of a distribution agreement.
Represented Pioneer in appeal proceedings in connection with a commercial law and patent license dispute.
Represented Rimowa (LVMH group) in litigation proceedings in connection with the termination of a distribution agreement.
Regularly advises Roche Diagnostics on distribution matters and represented the client in the conclusion of a major logistics agreement regarding the outsourcing of the logistics for one of its divisions.
Advised SAP in distribution matters.
Regularly advises VF (with the brands Timberland, The North Face, etc.) in contract and distribution law matters and in connection with the divestiture of the 7 For All Mankind brand and the spin-off of the Wrangler and Lee business.
Regularly representing a global leading supermarket chain in commercial law disputes and contract negotiations.
- Commercial Contracts, Chambers Europe 2021
- Leading individual in trade and distribution: trade, distribution and logistics, Legal 500 Europe 2021/22
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Trade Law since 2017
- Best Lawyer of the Year 2018 in Commercial Law, Handelsblatt, July 2018
- Leading Individual in Distribution Law, Juve Germany, each year since 2001
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Band 1 in Commercial Contracts, Chambers, since 2016
- Leading Lawyer in Trade & Distribution Law, Legal 500 Germany since 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. - Member
- Germany (1992)
- Oberlandesgericht Stuttgart (Assessor Exam) (1992)
- University of Tuebingen (Dr. jur.) (1990)
- University of Tuebingen (Referendar Exam) (1989)
- University of Hamburg (1985)
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Johannes Teichmann and Katharina Spenner), "Umsetzung der Warenkaufrichtlinie: Geplante Änderungen des BGB zur Regelung des Verkaufs von Sachen mit digitalen Elementen und anderer Aspekte des Kaufvertrags," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Johannes Teichmann and Katharina Spenner), "Implementation of the Directive (EU) 2019/771 on the sale of goods: Upcoming amendments to the German Civil Code governing the sale of goods with digital elements and other aspects of sales contracts," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-author and co-publisher (with Schultze/Wauschkuhn/Spenner/Dau),"Der Vertragshändlervertrag" (The Distribution Agreement), Deutscher Fachverlag GmbH, Fachmedien Recht und Wirtschaft, 5th edition, 2015
- Co-author (with Flohr), "Vertriebsrecht Kommentar - Handelsvertreterrecht, Vertragshändlerrecht, Franchiserecht, Kommissionsrecht" (Legal Commentary on all aspects of Distribution Law), C.H. Beck Verlag, 2nd edition, 2018
- Co-publisher, “Zeitschrift für Vertriebsrecht” (Journal on Distribution Law), C.H. Beck Verlag, now in ninth year
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.