Ulf advises companies on all matters of commercial law, with particular emphasis on the setup and restructuring of distribution systems, the termination of distribution contracts and supply, logistics and commercial lease agreements. He is also adept at handling commercial law disputes — both in and out of court.
Representative Legal Matters
Regularly advises Allianz on distribution law matters.
Advised Amazon on the conclusion of logistics and transport agreements.
Regularly advises Esprit on logistics and other contract law matters and represented client in litigation proceedings.
Advised Karl Storz on the form-changing conversion to a SE & Co. KG.
Represented Novartis in court in connection with the termination of a distribution agreement.
Represented Pioneer in appeal proceedings in connection with a commercial law and patent license dispute.
Represented Rimowa (LVMH group) in litigation proceedings in connection with the termination of a distribution agreement.
Advised and represented Roche Diagnostics in the conclusion of a major logistics agreement regarding the outsourcing of the logistics for one of its divisions.
Advises SAP in distribution matters.
Regularly advises VF (with the brands Timberland, The North Face, etc.) in contract and distribution law matters and in connection with the divestiture of the 7 For All Mankind brand and the spin-off of the Wrangler and Lee business.
Regularly advises a German leading car manufacturer on distribution, digitalization, e-mobility and other contract law matters.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for international trade law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Best Lawyer of the Year 2018 in Commercial Law, Handelsblatt, July 2018
- Leading Individual in Distribution Law, Juve Germany, each year since 2001
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Band 1 in Commercial Contracts, Chambers, since 2016
- Leading Lawyer in Trade & Distribution Law, Legal 500 Germany since 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- German Society for Distribution Law e.V. - Member
- Germany (1992)
- Oberlandesgericht Stuttgart (Assessor Exam) (1992)
- University of Tuebingen (Dr. jur.) (1990)
- University of Tuebingen (Referendar Exam) (1989)
- University of Hamburg (1985)
Co-author and co-publisher (with Schultze/Wauschkuhn/Spenner/Dau),"Der Vertragshändlervertrag" (The Distribution Agreement), Deutscher Fachverlag GmbH, Fachmedien Recht und Wirtschaft, 5th edition, 2015
Co-author (with Flohr), "Vertriebsrecht Kommentar - Handelsvertreterrecht, Vertragshändlerrecht, Franchiserecht, Kommissionsrecht" (Legal Commentary on all aspects of Distribution Law), C.H. Beck Verlag, 2nd edition, 2018
Co-publisher, “Zeitschrift für Vertriebsrecht” (Journal on Distribution Law), C.H. Beck Verlag, now in ninth year
Author, “Der Vertragshändlervertrag - Musterverträge” (The Distribution Agreement – Model Contracts), 31st volume, C.H. Beck, 2009