Eleanor is an associate in the Dispute Resolution team based in London. Eleanor is a member of the Compliance and Investigations practice group. Eleanor's practice includes a broad spectrum of disputes and investigations, including anti-bribery and corruption investigations, compliance matters and international arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Conducting an anti-bribery and corruption investigation for a Fortune 500 company in relation to bribery in a recently acquired subsidiary, providing ongoing strategic advice and liaising with the Serious Fraud Office following a self-report of the conduct.
- Acted for an international conglomerate in relation to suspected bribery in numerous overseas jurisdictions, including contact with the Serious Fraud Office and the US Department of Justice.
- Conducting an investigation into possible fraudulent conduct carried out by a recently acquired subsidiary in Slovakia, including liaising with Slovak regulators and police investigators.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern real estate development management company in an arbitration under the ICC Rules in a dispute concerning unlawful termination and related issues, worth over USD 150 million.
- Acting for an international bank (the claimant) in relation to an enforcement claim against the defendant, which held assets in various jurisdictions.
- Eleanor has worked on a number of pro bono matters, including advising the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, providing support for cross-jurisdictional pro-bono projects, and volunteering at the Legal Advice Centre.
- England & Wales (Solicitor) (2017)
- College of Law (LPC) (2015)
- (GDL) (2013)
- University of York (2012)
- Co-author, "Spain and United Kingdom: Cross-border Criminal Evidence Gathering - The use of European Investigations Orders in Spain and England & Wales," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, 8 October 2020
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.