Roger van de Berg, a senior associate in the Amsterdam office's Indirect Tax group, provides practical solutions and hands-on advice mainly on VAT and other indirect taxes. His work includes advising on European and Dutch VAT aspects of cross-border transactions, M&A, due diligence, supply chain restructuring, fiscal representation matters, holding companies, margin scheme rules and compliance issues.
Roger regularly speaks at conferences on VAT, due diligence and bitcoin/blockchain technology. He also wrote on the EU VAT treatment of bitcoins in the Weekblad Fiscaal Recht (Weekly Tax Law) as well as a formal recommendation to the OECD with respect to the taxation of cryptocurrencies in Europe.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisors (Nederlandse Orde van Belastingadviseurs) - Member
- Bitcoin Foundation - Member
- Rijksmuseum (Dutch National Museum) - Patron
- Amsterdam Tax Law~Netherlands (2009)
- Maastricht University (LLM Dutch Tax Law) (2009)
- Maastricht University (LLM International Tax Law) (2009)