Sebastian Tytgat is a senior associate in the International Commercial & Trade Practice Group in the Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2021.
Sebastian is also a teaching assistant in Civil Procedure at the KU Leuven since 2018.
He started his career as lawyer at a renowned Belgian law firm and continued as in-house counsel at world's largest brewer, where he advised on contentious and non-contentious matters for the leisure and hospitality business in Belgium and Luxembourg.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted a Belgian airline in a commercial agency dispute and summary proceedings regarding its activities at Brussels Airport.
- Assisted a US based car manufacturer in litigation flowing from the winding down of its Belgian dealer network.
- Assisted the international branch of a leading Belgian telecommunications company in an IT dispute.
- Assisted various national and international suppliers in distribution litigation before Belgian courts, with a particular focus on the automotive, jewellery and watches, aviation and energy industries.
- Assisted a Big Oil company (and its affiliates) in commercial agency disputes and disputes regarding highway concessions.
- Assisted a Swedish-Swiss manufacturer of heavy machinery in product liability litigation.
- Advised a manufacturer and distributor of glasses on contentious and non-contentious matters regarding the operation of its Belgian franchise network.
- Assisted the world's largest brewer on negotiations with the Belgian Competition Authority (BCA) regarding its relationship with Belgian wholesalers (as in-house counsel).
- Brussels~Belgium (2015)
- U.L.B. (Additional Law Degree - magna cum laude) (2015)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Law Degree - cum laude) (2014)