Ben has successfully represented Fortune 500 companies, officers and directors, diplomats, and nation-states in their most challenging cases and investigations. His work ranges from defeating nationwide class actions and complex cross-border disputes to advising on government investigations and high-stakes divorce proceedings. He has substantial appellate experience and has obtained victories for clients in multiple federal and state appellate courts, including the Second and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal and the California Court of Appeal. His appellate practice has resulted in repeated and complete defense victories over putative class actions asserting claims for unfair competition under California Business and Professions Code § 17200.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Ben handled the following matters:
Represented nationwide homebuilder in federal litigation at trial and appellate levels, including decertification of billion-dollar class action and victories at Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Defended tower of insurers and obtained favorable settlement in cross-border malpractice action litigated in California state and federal courts, the federal courts in Washington D.C. and London.
Represented diplomat in multi-jurisdictional business dispute and achieved complete dismissal of all claims.
- Hon. Pamela Ann Rymer, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- California~United States
- University of Chicago (JD with Honors, Law Review) (2006)
- Washington University (BSBA Finance and International Business magna cum laude) (1998)
- Co-author, "After Oral Argument in 'Liu' Case, SCOTUS Poised to Curtail SEC's Broad Use of Disgorgement," The Recorder, 5 March 2020
- Co-author, "Delaware Cases Shed Light On Electronic Books And Records," Law360, 28 January 2020
- Co-author, "State AGs seek to fill CFPB vacuum," Daily Journal, 4 May 2018