Maria Fernanda Trujillo-Garcia
Maria Fernanda Trujillo is a member of the Latin America Transfer Pricing Group. With over seven years of experience, she focuses her practice on transfer pricing matters, comprising compliance, planning, transfer pricing audits, business restructuring and advance pricing agreement (APA) procedures. With considerable experience in transfer pricing consulting, her knowledge involves projects in jurisdictions over several countries across the Latin America region.
Ms. Trujillo is also seasoned in the pharmaceutical industry, and has comprehensive experience in advising companies in the food, auto parts and textile industries, as well as from the insurance and securities sector, full service banks, investment funds, among others.
Ms. Trujillo regularly advises on transfer pricing matters involving planning, compliance, valuations and dispute resolution. Her experience in compliance matters spans across Latin America, including Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Ecuador, Venezuela, Peru, among many others.
She has participated in several transfer pricing audits and tax controversy consultancy projects, by designing and assisting in the implementation of defense strategies for taxpayers. Similarly, she participated in the formulation and negotiation of the first APA procedures in Uruguay, Colombia, Chile and Ecuador.
Her experience also comprises consultancy projects with companies in developing stages who need to set transfer pricing policies or to identify intercompany policies or practices that are susceptible of improvement.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised some of Mexico’s most important pharmaceutical companies on transfer pricing compliance and planning matters.
- Advised several chemical and pharmaceutical groups on multiregional compliance.
- Assisted in developing defense strategies regarding transfer pricing dispute resolution.
- Advised multinational companies in the development and implementation of financial segmentation policies.
- Assisted multinational companies in setting transfer pricing policies and in preparing risk assessment analyses to identify and mitigate potential transfer pricing risks.
- Advised on stocks and intangibles valuations, as well as on the determination of long-lived asset impairment.
- Mexico (2014)
- Universidad Anahuac del Norte (Certificate Transfer Pricing) (2014)
- Colegio de Contadores Públicos de México (Graduate Taxation) (2013)
- Universidad Anahuac del Norte (Bachelor's Degree Accounting & Finance) (2010)