Rick is a corporate partner specialising in public and private M&A, capital raisings and corporate advisory work. Rick provides clients with pragmatic and focussed legal advice, and assists clients achieve commercial results through creative solutions and perseverance.
Rick has previously worked as a lawyer at the Australian Takeovers Panel, the main forum for resolving takeover disputes in Australia. This has given him a deep understanding of the law and market practices relevant to takeovers and other public M&A transactions in Australia.
Rick's practice centres on advising clients on takeovers, schemes of arrangement, private M&A transactions, IPOs, rights issues, placements and other corporate transactions. Rick regularly acts for ASX listed clients in a wide range of sectors on major transactions and capital raisings. In addition, Rick has extensive experience in cross-border M&A and often works with international clients on their investments and other transactions in Australia.
Rick also advises clients on a diverse range of legal issues including transaction structuring, due diligence, directors' duties, market disclosure, listing rule compliance and corporate governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for both bidders and targets on various takeovers, scheme of arrangement and other public M&A transactions.
- Acted for both issuers and underwriters on various equity capital raising transactions.
- Acted for both purchasers and vendors on various private, negotiated share and asset sale and purchase transactions.
- Acted for various parties in Takeovers Panel proceedings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Corporations Committee, Law Council of Australia (Business Law Section)
- Governance Institute of Australia (lecturer on equity fundraising and market misconduct as part of the postgraduate applied corporate law program run by the Governance Institute of Australia)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victoria~Australia (2003)
- University of Melbourne (Master of Law) (2010)
- Monash University (Bachelor of Business Honors) (2002)
- Monash University (Bachelor's Degree Law Honors) (2002)