Rick Troiano is a partner in the Corporate Markets team at Baker McKenzie, Melbourne. Rick's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate law and equity finance. He has also completed a 12-month secondment at the Australian Takeovers Panel, the main forum in Australia for dealing with disputes about takeovers and other control transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for acquirers and listed companies in initiating and defending takeovers.
- Acted on schemes of arrangement and other mergers and acquisitions.
- Acted for both issuers and underwriters in various capital raising transactions.
- Acted for parties in proceedings before the Australian Takeovers Panel.
- Acted for various purchasers and vendors on private, negotiated asset and share sale transactions.
- Advised in relation to directors' responsibilities, corporate governance and ASX listing rule compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victoria~Australia (2003)
- University of Melbourne (Master of Law) (2010)
- Monash University (Bachelor of Business Honors) (2002)
- Monash University (Bachelor's Degree Law Honors) (2002)