Jean-François Trapp co-heads the Real Estate Department and the Banking & Finance practice at Baker McKenzie Luxembourg office. He has more than 19 years' experience in Luxembourg law. Prior to joining the Firm, he was partner in a Luxembourg law firm, where he headed the Real Estate department and co-led the Banking & Finance department of the firm. In 2007, he co-founded the Luxembourg law firm Roemers Trapp Pautot, a niche firm focusing on the real estate, real assets and infrastructure sectors.
Jean-François is a seasoned lawyer who focuses his practice on real estate transactions, both in Luxembourg and abroad. Jean-François also handles financial matters, with a particular focus on complex cross-border lending transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Jean-Francois:
- Assisted a German regulated real estate fund for the acquisition and disposal of several properties located in Luxembourg as well as their letting including a 55,000 sqm office building.
- Acted as Buyer's counsel for a regulated entity for the acquisition of a +4,500 sqm office building in Luxembourg CBD.
- Acted as the daily counsel of a EUR 1 billion Luxembourg-based Sharia compliant fund for all its operations, including the structuring of its Luxembourg and foreign real estate investments.
- Assisted a major hospitality organization in the disposal of a Luxembourg hotel.
- Acted as borrower's counsel for the initial financing and subsequent refinancing of a fully cross-collateralized pan-European portfolio.
- Advised lenders and borrowers on all the Luxembourg aspects of their lending transactions, including security packages and loans to multiple borrowers.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LuxReal - Executive Board Member
- Luxembourg (2000)
- University of Nancy II, France (DESS/DJCE) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie Luxembourg is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.