Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted an American worldwide health care company in the antitrust audit with regard to the commercialization of pharmaceutical products by its related company in Peru, Farmindustria.
- Advising Compañia Marítima Chilena in a proceeding filed by the Competition Authority (INDECOPI) related to an alleged cartel in the market of international shipping services in containers.
- Advised Gloria S.A., a Peruvian dairy company, in its defense against a claim for alleged abuse of dominant position, specifically for modifying the status of a supplier in its distribution chain from dealer to wholesaler.
- Advising our clients (entities of the same economic group) within an investigation initiated by the Antitrust Authority for an alleged cartel in the market of acquisition of anchovy from fishing vessels from 2009 to date.
- Assisted Azteca Comunicaciones Peru and TV Azteca in the bid process for the concession to the design, deployment, operation and maintenance of a fiber optic network of more than 13,000 km to connect 22 regional capitals and 180 province capitals. This project will provide broadband connectivity in all Peruvian territory.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA)
- Institute of Public Service Law (IDESER)
- Lima Bar Association – Member
- Peru (1993)
- University of Lima (LLM) (2003)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (LLB) (1993)
In Search of the Philosopher's Stone: Is There a Standard Ideal by which to Analyze Unilateral Exclusionary Behaviors?
"Analyzing the Consumer Code,"Competition Law – Magazine of Administrative Law of the Circle of Administration Law Nº 10, Volume I, November 2011
"Duties and Free Competition – With Regards to the Restitution by the Constitutional Court of the Duty Rights for Un-Pulverized Cement," Gaceta Constitucional – April 2010
"With a License to Concert? With Regards to Article 3 of the Law of Repression of Anticompetitive," Ius et Veritas, December 2009
"The Doctrine of Essential Facilities: Competition Law or Economic Regulation?," Advocatus Nº 20, October 2009