Teresa Tovar regularly sponsors companies in proceedings before INDECOPI in matters of free competition, consumer protection, unfair competition and the elimination of bureaucratic barriers. She is a representative of business associations before the National Council of Consumer Protection of INDECOPI. Teresa is recognized in competition law by diverse prestigious international publications such as Chambers & Partners, PLC Which Lawyer? and Who's Who Legal?
Teresa Tovar is experienced in matters related to the application of the norms of free competition and the regulation of public services and transport infrastructure, both in administrative processes and in consultancy.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted an American worldwide health care company in the antitrust audit with regard to the commercialization of pharmaceutical products by its related company in Peru, Farmindustria.
- Advising Compañia Marítima Chilena in a proceeding filed by the Competition Authority (INDECOPI) related to an alleged cartel in the market of international shipping services in containers.
- Advised Gloria S.A., a Peruvian dairy company, in its defense against a claim for alleged abuse of dominant position, specifically for modifying the status of a supplier in its distribution chain from dealer to wholesaler.
- Advising our clients (entities of the same economic group) within an investigation initiated by the Antitrust Authority for an alleged cartel in the market of acquisition of anchovy from fishing vessels from 2009 to date.
- Assisted Azteca Comunicaciones Peru and TV Azteca in the bid process for the concession to the design, deployment, operation and maintenance of a fiber optic network of more than 13,000 km to connect 22 regional capitals and 180 province capitals. This project will provide broadband connectivity in all Peruvian territory.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA)
- Institute of Public Service Law (IDESER)
- Lima Bar Association – Member
- Peru (1993)
- University of Lima (LLM) (2003)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (LLB) (1993)
Estudio Echecopar is a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein