Matthias Töke is member of Baker McKenzie’s Global Leveraged Finance Steering Committee and advises private equity sponsors, corporates, debt funds, banks and other financial institutions on all aspects of complex domestic and cross-border leveraged buy-out financings, financial restructurings and general corporate financings.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in April 2022, Matthias was a counsel in the Frankfurt office of a top-tier Wall Street law firm, Head of Rule Enforcement at Deutsche Börse AG and senior associate in the Frankfurt, New York, London and Warsaw offices of a Magic Circle law firm.
Matthias advises on financing deals across all sectors with particular experience in technology, industry, consumer and healthcare deals.
Matthias is well experienced in all finance instruments involved in a leveraged buy-out including senior structures, senior / super senior (incl. first out/second out) structures, first lien / second lien structures, vendor loans, PIK / HoldCo loans and mezzanine instruments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised UBS-led bank syndicate on the financing of Ardian's acquisition of a stake in the Mimacom Flowable Group.
- Advised Credit Suisse on the financing of Cygna Labs' acquisition of VitalQIP.
- Advised Private Equity fund AURELIUS on the financing of the acquisition of LSG Group from Deutsche Lufthansa AG.
- Advised Magna on the acquisition of Veoneer's Active Safety Business.
- Advised Sanecum Gruppe on the financing of its expansion.
- Advised Senior Lenders on the financial restructuring of Woco Group.
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on investment in vhf group.
- Advised Coats Group in connection with the financing of Rhenoflex Group from Findos.
- Advised Pacoma Holding S.à r.l. on the financing matters in connection with the sale of the Pacoma business to Legget & Platt.
- IFLR1000 - "Notable Practicioner"; Handelsblatt - "Best Lawyer" (2022)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt
- Germany (2012)
- Regional District Court (Landgericht) of Frankfurt (Second State Exam) (2012)
- University of Marburg (First State Exam) (2008)
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Alexander Wolff, Dr. Oliver Socher, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.