Matthias Töke is member of Baker McKenzie’s Global Leveraged Finance Steering Committee and advises private equity sponsors, corporates, debt funds, banks and other financial institutions on all aspects of complex domestic and cross-border leveraged buy-out financings, financial restructurings and general corporate financings.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie in April 2022, Matthias was a counsel in the Frankfurt office of a top-tier Wall Street law firm, Head of Rule Enforcement at Deutsche Börse AG and senior associate in the Frankfurt, New York, London and Warsaw offices of a Magic Circle law firm.
Matthias advises on financing deals across all sectors with particular experience in technology, industry, consumer and healthcare deals.
Matthias is well experienced in all finance instruments involved in a leveraged buy-out including senior structures, senior / super senior (incl. first out/second out) structures, first lien / second lien structures, vendor loans, PIK / HoldCo loans and mezzanine instruments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Magna on the acquisition of Veoneer's Active Safety Business.
- Advised Sanecum Gruppe on the financing of its expansion.
- Advised Senior Lenders on the financial restructuring of Woco Group.
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on investment in vhf group.
- Advised Coats Group in connection with the financing of Rhenoflex Group from Findos.
- Advised Pacoma Holding S.à r.l. on the financing matters in connection with the sale of the Pacoma business to Legget & Platt.
Prior to joining the Firm, Matthias:
- Advised 3i on various financings of its acquisitions of Hilite International, Geka, Amor, Weener, Lampenwelt (now Luqom Group), Formel D and MAIT.
- Advised SGT Capital on the financing of its acquisition of Utimaco.
- Advised EQT on the financing of its acquisition of GETEC.
- Advised senior lenders on the financing of the acquisition of BackWerk by EQT.
- Advised Platinum Equity on various financings of its acquisitions of Exterion Media and Ingram Micro.
- Advised Pemberton on the financing of Aenova Group, a portfolio of BC Partners.
- IFLR1000 - "Notable Practicioner"; Handelsblatt - "Best Lawyer" (2022)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt
- Germany (2012)
- Regional District Court (Landgericht) of Frankfurt (Second State Exam) (2012)
- University of Marburg (First State Exam) (2008)
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Matthias Scholz, Dr. Thomas Schänzle, Dr. Christian Vocke
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.