Eric Thianpiriya is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Transactional Practice Group. He has close to two decades of experience. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Eric worked for Magic Circle and Silver Circle firms in London. Prior to practising in London, he worked as an NSW Court of Appeal Tipstaff.
Eric is qualified in New South Wales and England and Wales.
Eric is a Corporate/M&A lawyer, focusing on major infrastructure transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, syndications, shareholder arrangements and portfolio company advice. Eric routinely acts for pension/superannuation, sovereign wealth, PE and other investment funds, both Australian and foreign across a variety of infrastructure assets, including data centres, mobile towers/rooftops, fibre, electricity generation, transmission and distribution, toll roads, ports, airports, social infrastructure and waste assets. He also routinely advises on Australia's foreign investment laws.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised OMERS Infrastructure in relation to its acquisition of mobile tower and rooftop assets from TPG Telecom.
- Advised Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec as a consortium equity participant in relation to the acquisition of an interest in WestConnex.
- Advised Macquarie Asset Management in relation to its acquisition of an interest in AirTrunk.
- Advised other pension/superannuation, sovereign wealth, PE and other investment funds on their investments.
- Regularly advised corporates and funds on their consortium/shareholder arrangements.
- Provided general corporate advice to a variety of corporates, including portfolio companies.
- Regularly advises on all aspects of the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act 1975 (Cth).
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia (2009)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- New South Wales~Australia (2005)
- University of Sydney (Graduate Diploma in Corporate, Securities and Finance Law) (2005)
- University of Sydney (LL.B. (Hons)) (2003)
- University of Sydney (B.Com.) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie, an Australian Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.