Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise)
Mariko Terada is a member of the Tokyo office's Finance & Projects Group and the Global Healthcare Group. From 2019 to 2020, she was seconded to Baker McKenzie's Chicago office, where she represented financial institutions and business operators in project financing and renewable energy projects development. She is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association and the New York State Bar.
Mariko focuses on acquisition finance, leveraged finance, project finance, fintech, infrastructure funds, PFI/PPP and other structured finance transactions. Her practice also covers general banking transactions, including multijurisdictional syndicated loans, lease transactions and regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a consortium of financial institutions in their establishment of an infrastructure fund for renewable energy projects.
- Represented a consortium of financial institutions in a project finance transaction for a wood-based biomass power project.
- Represented various Japanese and international financial institutions as well as private equity firms in inbound and domestic leveraged finance transactions.
- Represented various Japanese financial institutions in outbound M&A finance transactions.
- Represented various US-, Europe- and Asia Pacific-based financial institutions and tech companies in connection with the launches of their online financial products and platforms in Japan.
- Represented the Japanese branch of a global pharmaceutical company in connection with a company split.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - member
- New York State Bar - member
- New York~United States (2020)
- Japan (2013)
- University of Chicago (LLM) (2019)
- The University of Tokyo Graduate Schools for Law and Politics (JD) (2011)
- University of Pennsylvania (2007)
- International Christian University (2006)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.