Mariko Terada is a member of the Banking & Finance Practice Group and the Global Healthcare Group. She is a member of the Tokyo Bar Association.
Mariko focuses on inbound and domestic acquisition finance, leveraged finance, project finance, FinTech, infrastructure funds, PFI/PPP and other structured finance transactions. Her practice also covers general banking transactions, including multijurisdictional syndicated loans, lease transactions and regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a consortium of financial institutions in their establishment of an infrastructure fund for renewable energy projects.
- Represented a consortium of financial institutions in a project finance transaction for a wood-based biomass power project.
- Represented various Japanese and international financial institutions as well as private equity firms in inbound and domestic leveraged finance transactions.
- Represented various Japanese financial institutions in outbound M&A finance transactions.
- Represented various US-, Europe- and Asia Pacific-based financial institutions and tech companies in connection with the launches of their online financial products and platforms in Japan.
- Represented the Japanese branch of a global pharmaceutical company in connection with a company split.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association
- Japan (2013)
- University of Tokyo Graduate School for Law and Politics (JD) (2011)
- University of Pennsylvania (2007)
- International Christian University (2006)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.