Jonathan Temps is counsel in the Chicago office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Firm's Banking, Finance & Major Projects Practice Group. Over the course of his career, Jonathan has negotiated and closed dozens of deals and funds in the private equity space with transaction values aggregating to tens of billions of dollars. He has led negotiations on behalf of both GPs and LPs with respect to the terms of investments of several billion dollars in funds with a variety of strategies across a broad array of asset classes and sectors, both in the capital aggregation and capital deployment stages of a fund’s life.
With a perspective developed through time spent at some of the nation's largest law firms, one of the world's leading investment banks, and at an international private equity fund, Jonathan's advice and advocacy for clients reflects a holistic and comprehensive understanding of a transaction, and an awareness of the fundamental considerations that drive the success of a deal.
- Illinois~United States (2000)
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business (MBA) (2004)
- New York University School of Law (JD) (1999)
- State University of New York at Albany (MA) (1996)
- University of Chicago (BA General Education Honors, Dean's List, Departmental Honors) (1994)