Aek provides legal advice on tax law, mergers and acquisitions, tax planning for outbound and inbound investments, customs, transfer pricing, securities regulations, Bank of Thailand regulations, rehabilitation law, and civil and commercial law. In addition, he has been involved in completing a number of major transactions, as well as resolving tax audits and disputes, which involve careful handling and negotiation with the Thai Revenue Department.
Representative Legal Matters
Tax Planning and Advice
- Advising Thai Airways Pcl. on tax planning and structuring for the financing of 13 aircraft and the acquisition of 37 aircraft.
- Advising the Cognita Group on tax planning and structuring the asset acquisition of a Thai international private school.
- Advising Sino-US Petroleum on tax planning and implementation for the transfer of a petroleum business and a petroleum concession.
- Advising the Six Senses Group on tax planning and the structuring of a disposal of shares.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising the National Housing Authority on a securitization project.
- Advising PTT Plc. on the acquisition of Bangkok Poly Ethylene Plc.
- Providing advice on the acquisition of Direct Telecom Company Limited by UTC Fire & Security Protection and Chubb Co., Ltd. (Thailand).
- Providing advice on restructuring for foreign investment relating to the acquisition of a power business by Ratchaburi Electricity Generating Holding Public Company Limited.
- Drafting a management agreement for PTT International Company Limited for the management of its associated companies overseas.
- Preparing and reviewing a transfer pricing study and report for several multinational companies, including L’Oréal and Olam International Limited.
- Highly Regarded in Tax Controversy, ITR World Tax, 2023
- Highly Regarded in Tax Controversy, International Tax Review's Tax Controversy Leaders Guide, 2013-2014, 2016-2022
- Band 2 in Tax, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2021-2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association
- Thailand (2005)
- Bangkok Training Center (Micro Master of Tax Administration) (2005)
- University of Illinois (LL.M.) (2003)
- Thammasat University (LL.B., 2nd class honors) (2001)
- Co-speaker, "36th Annual Asia Pacific Tax Conference," in Singapore, 25-26 October 2022.
- Speaker, "Key legal and tax considerations for upcoming IPOs of small and medium enterprises (SMEs)," the Center for Building Competitive Enterprises, 16 March 2022
- Co-speaker, "Pillar Two – Regional Perspectives from the Asia Pacific," Baker McKenzie's joint webinar with the Tax Executives Institute, 15 February 2022
- Speaker, "The Legal Tidbits," Baker McKenzie YouTube webinar series, January 2021
- Speaker, "IDE to IPO," the Stock Exchange of Thailand, 15 October 2019