Akifusa Takada is seasoned in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, reorganization transactions as well as in securities transactions. He also has extensive experience in general corporate matters, including corporate governance and compliance. He has been working for the Firm's Chicago office and is knowledgeable in M&A and securities practice in the United States. He regularly provides lectures to clients on key issues involving corporate law, M&A and the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a Japanese electronics company in its public takeover of a Malaysian IT solution vendor.
- Represented a Japanese general insurance company in its investments into insurers in Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Represented a Japanese brewery company in its acquisition of a beverage company in Australia.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2006)
- Japan (2000)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.) (2005)
- Tokyo University (LL.B.) (1997)