Brendan Sponheimer is an associate in the New York office of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Tax Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, Brendan was a Tax Controversy and Transfer Pricing Associate in New York, and an Attorney Advisor for Judge Joseph Robert Goeke of the United States Tax Court in Washington, D.C.
Brendan focuses his practice on tax disputes and transfer pricing matters. He represents taxpayers at all levels of federal tax controversy, including IRS audits, administrative appeals, competent authority, and litigation before the United States Tax Court and United States Court of Federal Claims. His experience includes controversies with economic substance, substance-over-form, and transfer pricing issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- New York~United States (2012)
- Connecticut~United States (2011)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM with distinction, Dean's List) (2011)
- Western New England University School of Law (JD cum laude) (2010)
- Yale University (BA) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.