Shelbi Smith is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago.
Shelbi advises large US, non-US, and multinational companies across a broad spectrum of industries in developing tax planning strategies for matters including corporate reorganizations, restructurings, mergers, acquisitions, repatriation strategies, and other cross border transactions.
- Illinois~United States (2018)
- University of Chicago Law School (JD) (2018)
- Southern Methodist University (BA in Human Rights) (2015)
- Co-author, "Allocating Tax Attributes in Cross-Border Spin-Offs," Taxes - the Tax Magazine, November 2019
- Co-author, “Excuses, Excuses: Popular Excuses in Missed REIT-Related Elections,” Tax Notes, September 2018
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.