Emma practises corporate law and advises clients in relation to business transformations. Her primary focus is structuring and implementing complex cross-border reorganisations and she is a member of Baker McKenzie’s Global Reorganisations Practice Group.
Emma has broad experience across a range of industries including: consumer goods & retail; hotels, resorts & tourism; industrials; pharma; and technology, media & telecoms.
Representative Legal Matters
- Integration: advising multinational specialty chemical company on global post-acquisition integration; delivering global post-transactional integration for a consumer healthcare business.
- Cash repatriation: advising multinational specialty chemical company on global cash repatriation exercise in the context of an acquisition, carve out and divestment.
- Separation: advising multinational information technology service and consulting company on pre-divestment separation of UK business lines; working with industrial manufacturing company on pre-transaction separation of UK industrials business.
- Legal entity rationalisation: advising multiple technology companies on group simplification; working with US headquartered industrials company on rationalisation of their UK group.
- IP restructuring: advising US headquartered fast food corporation on corporate aspects of IP and holding company restructuring.
- Migration and re-domiciliation: working with multiple clients to implement cross-border transfers, including by way of cross-border merger within the EEA.
- Coordinating and delivering corporate legal advice on general matters of English company law (including capital maintenance) and corporate governance (including non-financial reporting obligations).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2010)
- College of Law (2008)
- Oxford University (2003)