Baker & McKenzie LLP
Mathew Slootsky is a member of Baker McKenzie's North America Practice Group in the Miami office and practices in the area of international and M&A tax as well as wealth management.
Mathew focuses his practice on US and multinational companies on domestic and international transactions as well as the tax and regulatory implications of the preservation, management and transfer of wealth.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member, Tax Section
- Florida~United States (2021)
- University of Miami (JD, cum laude) (2021)
- University of Miami (LLM) (2021)
- University of Florida (BS Finance, Minor in History) (2018)
Publications and Presentations
- Panelist, "Corporate transparency: US joins the rest of the world (Part IV – CTA Access Regulations)," Webinar, 30 January 2023
- Author, "Beneficial Ownership Reporting, Part III," Tax News and Developments - Newsletter, October 2022
- Author, " United States: Notice 2022-36 Provides Taxpayers with Significant Penalty Relief,” Tax News and Developments - Client Alert, September 2022
- Co-author, "Beneficial Ownership Reporting in the United States - Part II," Tax News and Developments - Client Alert, March 2022
- Author, "A Cautionary Tale about Establishing Basis," Tax News and Developments, February 2022
- Panelist, "Corporate Transparency: US Joins the Rest of the World (Part II)," Webinar, 27 January 2022
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.